EXCLUSIVE: Emmy winner Blythe Danner has been cast in a potentially recurring role on NBC’s new comedy series Up All Night, which had a promising preview Wednesday, logging a 3.7/10 in adults 18-49 to rank as the top program of the night. On the comedy, starring Christina Applegate and Will Arnett as harried new parents and Maya Rudolph as Applegate’s boss, Danner will play Applegate’s mom. This marks Danner’s return to NBC. She previously recurred on the network’s comedy Will & Grace, playing the mother of Will (Eric McCormack).
Blythe Danner To Play Christina Applegate's Mom On 'Up All Night'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book