EXCLUSIVE: New Line has acquired Pregnancy Pact, a comedy pitch that Sam Pitman and Adam Cole-Kelly will write for Red Hour Productions. The comedy follows three lifelong best friends who make an ill-conceived pact to get the women in their lives pregnant at the same time. Their goal is to avoid having to make friends with other new parents when their child is born. Instead, it tests their friendship and marriages. It’s considered a strong vehicle for three young actors, and already some are circling, though no one is attached yet. The project will be produced by Red Hour’s Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld. Erica Steinberg, who brought it in, will be exec producer. The writers, who first got on the map when their script The Diversification of Noah Miller made the Black List, are also rewriting a Russell Brand comic vehicle at Paramount, and they have just set up a pair of TV pilots. They are writing First Ones In for Jamie Tarses, Sony and CBS, and Ex-Laws for Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky and ABC Television Studios and ABC. The scribes are repped by WME and Management 360.
Black List Scribes Make 'Pregnancy Pact' With New Line, Red Hour
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest Film News
- Emily Blunt Saddles Up For ‘My Little Pony’
- Michael Pena On #OscarsSoWhite – “Is It The Voting Body”? – Berlin
- Paramount Closing Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- George Clooney Sit-Down With Angela Merkel Puts Spotlight On Refugee Crisis – Berlin
- Competition Drama ‘Alone In Berlin’ Acquired By Altitude, Picturehouse In UK
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin