EXCLUSIVE: Days after closing a deal for The Expendables 2, Arnold Schwarzenegger is in talks to star in Captive, an action thriller that is out to directors with the intention of shooting next year. Emmett/Furla Films is financing the picture, and Randall Emmett and George Furla are producing with Groundswell’s Michael London. Benjamin van der Veen and Kario Salem wrote the script from a story by Nicolai Fuglsig. Fuglsig was originally going to direct but stepped out, and he will be exec producer with Eva Maria Daniels. Schwarzenegger is in early talks to play an American real estate magnate living in Brazil who is kidnapped and held for ransom. As he frantically searches for a way out of his armored-truck prison cell hidden in a Sao Paolo landfill, a detective specializing in kidnap and ransom cases works to find him. Emmett/Furla earlier today announced a $250 million film fund with cash coming from Envision Entertainment. Schwarzenegger is starring in the Kim Jee-Woon-directed action film Last Stand, his first major film job after leaving as California governor and weathering a subsequent paternity scandal. Schwarzenegger is repped by CAA.
Indie Thriller 'Captive' Eyes Arnold Schwarzenegger For Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List