Greg Nicotero, who just won a make-up award over the weekend at the Creative Arts Emmys for his work on The Walking Dead, has been named co-executive producer of the AMC zombie drama, the network said today. As part of the deal, he has inked a first-look deal to bring his own projects to the network. He already is directing a series of upcoming Walking Dead webisodes and will direct an episode of the upcoming season. Nicotero owns make-up/special effects studio KNB EFX Group and has been involved in almost 800 feature films. His film The United Monster Talent Agency premiered on AMC’s Fearfest last Halloween. “Greg’s talent extends well beyond the word of special fx makeup,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s SVP of original programming, production and digital content, in announcing the deal. “He is also a truly talented director, and has an incredibly comprehensive understanding and appreciation for great storytelling. His knowledge and respect for the genre is unparalleled, and we are looking forward to expanding our relationship with him with an eye towards developing more great original series.”
AMC Makes Greg Nicotero Co-EP On 'Walking Dead', Inks Him To First-Look Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists