Alcon Entertainment has acquired a controlling stake in boutique managment firm Madhouse Entertainment. Alcon announced today that it hopes the deal will be the first in a series of moves into the talent management biz. Among Madhouse’s top clients are Dave Andron, co-exec producer on FX’s Justified, Liz Garcia and Josh Harto, who created TNT’s Memphis Beat, and screenwriter David Guggenheim, whose horror film Safe House debuts for Universal this month. Alcon’s chief executives Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove will oversee the new divison, Alcon Management Enterprises. Alcon, which is backed by FedEx founder Fred Smith, was behind last year’s The Blind Side. It is currently developing a remake of Blade Runner with Ridley Scott and will next release “A Dolphin Tale.”
Alcon Kick-Starts Move Into Talent Management With Madhouse Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'