Paul Hertzberg, the president and CEO of CineTel Films, has been elected chairman of the Independent Film & Television Alliance, the group that puts on the annual American Film Market each fall in Santa Monica. Imagination Worldwide chairman and CEO Pierre David was elected vice chairperson and Summit Entertainment EVP International Distribution Brad Kembel was made vice chairperson/secretary in the voting; all three ran unopposed. Hertzberg takes over the top spot from Troma Entertainment boss Lloyd Kaufman, who was among a group elected to a two-year term on the board of directors. This year’s AFM runs Nov. 2-9.
AFM Organizer Makes Paul Hertzberg Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate’s Newly Branded Studio L Announces Debut Slate Of Digital Content
- Study: Hollywood Films Had Fewer Female Good Guys In 2017
- Idris Elba Eyes More Directorial Projects Following European Launch Of ‘Yardie’ – Berlin
- Jennifer Lawrence Blasts “Predator” Harvey Weinstein For Dredging Up Old Compliments
- Saudi Arabia To Invest $64 Billion In Entertainment Sector
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures