ABC has picked up game show You Deserve It, hosted by The Bachelor‘s Chris Harrison, to series with an eight-episode order. Casting is underway, with production slated to begin in October. Based on a format by Deal or No Deal creator Dick de Rijk, You Deserve It is a game show where a person plays trivia in order to win money for a loved one. ProSiebenSat.1´s Red Arrow Entertainment Group owns the rights to the format through its relationship with de Rijk. Kinetic Content, Red Arrow’s U.S. production company headed by Chris Coelen, sold the format to ABC in January and will produce the series. Harrison was attached as host in March. De Rijk, Coelen, and Kinetic’s Matilda Zoltowski executive produce the project, packaged by Paradigm. There has been speculation that You Deserve It may premiere behind the fall season finale of Dancing with the Stars but, per ABC, no premiere date for the show has been set yet. The Bachelor host Harrison is taking on a lot of extracurricular activities for ABC these days. The network announced yesterday that he will return as host of the Miss America pageant in January.
ABC Picks Up Game Show 'You Deserve It' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders