ABC has picked up game show You Deserve It, hosted by The Bachelor‘s Chris Harrison, to series with an eight-episode order. Casting is underway, with production slated to begin in October. Based on a format by Deal or No Deal creator Dick de Rijk, You Deserve It is a game show where a person plays trivia in order to win money for a loved one. ProSiebenSat.1´s Red Arrow Entertainment Group owns the rights to the format through its relationship with de Rijk. Kinetic Content, Red Arrow’s U.S. production company headed by Chris Coelen, sold the format to ABC in January and will produce the series. Harrison was attached as host in March. De Rijk, Coelen, and Kinetic’s Matilda Zoltowski executive produce the project, packaged by Paradigm. There has been speculation that You Deserve It may premiere behind the fall season finale of Dancing with the Stars but, per ABC, no premiere date for the show has been set yet. The Bachelor host Harrison is taking on a lot of extracurricular activities for ABC these days. The network announced yesterday that he will return as host of the Miss America pageant in January.
ABC Picks Up Game Show 'You Deserve It' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97