Jon Banner, who has been the executive producer of ABC’s World News for eight years, is shifting to a senior executive producer role to oversee special broader initiatives at ABC News, division president Ben Sherwood announced today. He will be replaced as EP of World News Tonight With Diane Sawyer by senior producer Michael Corn. Sherwood unveiled the news in an email, saying of Banner, “Given Jon’s deep relationships across the company, his formidable knowledge of the news business and his can-do spirit, he will be a bulldozer in our drive to unite this organization with a common voice and mission. Jon will also continue as a leader for our 2012 political coverage and special events.” Corn and Sherwood worked together on Good Morning America.
ABC News Shift: Longtime 'World News' EP Jon Banner Moves Up, Michael Corn Replaces Him
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- ‘Code Black’ Canceled After Three Seasons At CBS
- Amy Poehler, Nick Offerman Would Welcome A ‘Parks And Recreation’ Future, With Or Without Beyoncé
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Set To Return To London
- ‘The Break With Michelle Wolf’ Spoofs “Strong Female Leads” In Sketch For New Netflix Talk Show
- Donald Trump Responds To James Comey’s “Facts Matter” Tweet On ‘Fox & Friends’
- Donald Trump Suggests Deporting Kneeling NFL Players After New Policy Revealed