Jon Banner, who has been the executive producer of ABC’s World News for eight years, is shifting to a senior executive producer role to oversee special broader initiatives at ABC News, division president Ben Sherwood announced today. He will be replaced as EP of World News Tonight With Diane Sawyer by senior producer Michael Corn. Sherwood unveiled the news in an email, saying of Banner, “Given Jon’s deep relationships across the company, his formidable knowledge of the news business and his can-do spirit, he will be a bulldozer in our drive to unite this organization with a common voice and mission. Jon will also continue as a leader for our 2012 political coverage and special events.” Corn and Sherwood worked together on Good Morning America.
ABC News Shift: Longtime 'World News' EP Jon Banner Moves Up, Michael Corn Replaces Him
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'