Jon Banner, who has been the executive producer of ABC’s World News for eight years, is shifting to a senior executive producer role to oversee special broader initiatives at ABC News, division president Ben Sherwood announced today. He will be replaced as EP of World News Tonight With Diane Sawyer by senior producer Michael Corn. Sherwood unveiled the news in an email, saying of Banner, “Given Jon’s deep relationships across the company, his formidable knowledge of the news business and his can-do spirit, he will be a bulldozer in our drive to unite this organization with a common voice and mission. Jon will also continue as a leader for our 2012 political coverage and special events.” Corn and Sherwood worked together on Good Morning America.
ABC News Shift: Longtime 'World News' EP Jon Banner Moves Up, Michael Corn Replaces Him
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'