ABC Family is finalizing deals to give pilot orders to several hourlong projects, including Strut and Intercept. Strut, which was originally given a cast-contingent pilot order last fall, is a drama about a former showgirl who works with a struggling Texas high school drill team. Lamar Damon wrote the original script and was set to executive produce with Anna Mastro, Karey Burke, Charlie Stratton and Norman Buckley. The project has now been reworked by Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino who is executive producing with Burke, Stratton, Mastro and Buckley. Intercept, written by Ray Wright, is about college hackers.
ABC Family Nears Pilot Pickups On 'Strut' & 'Intercept'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- ‘Coach’ Comes Back As 13-Episode NBC Series Starring Craig T. Nelson
- TNT’s Miami Drug-Trade Drama To Be Redeveloped
- Jason Alexander Will Take Over When Larry David Leaves His ‘Fish In The Dark’
- PBS Already Has Talked To Julian Fellowes About Next Masterpiece Drama
- Starz Rises To No. 2 Pay Cable Network In Subscribers
- ‘Downton Abbey’s Gareth Neame On Series End: “We Know Exactly The Story We Want To Tell” (6 Seasons & A…