ABC Family is finalizing deals to give pilot orders to several hourlong projects, including Strut and Intercept. Strut, which was originally given a cast-contingent pilot order last fall, is a drama about a former showgirl who works with a struggling Texas high school drill team. Lamar Damon wrote the original script and was set to executive produce with Anna Mastro, Karey Burke, Charlie Stratton and Norman Buckley. The project has now been reworked by Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino who is executive producing with Burke, Stratton, Mastro and Buckley. Intercept, written by Ray Wright, is about college hackers.
ABC Family Nears Pilot Pickups On 'Strut' & 'Intercept'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27.5M Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK - Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Keegan-Michael Key On ‘Playing House’ & Voicing Presidential Anger – TCA
- Brian Grazer On Indie Imagine TV, ‘Legacy’ Timing & Why ‘24’ Movie Didn’t Happen
- Ovation TV Acquires ‘Versailles’ Season 2; ‘Taboo’ Sells To Multiple Territories – NATPE
- CBS Picks Up Dana Klein/Mark Feuerstein Comedy, Andy Weir NASA Drama To Pilot
- Team Trump Fires Back At Ex-‘Apprentice’ Contestant’s “Absurd” Lawsuit Over His Denial Of Her Sex Assault Claim…
- Nexstar Completes $4.6B Acquisition Of Media General