EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development a blue collar ensemble comedy based on the British format White Van Man. Former My Name Is Earl executive producer Bobby Bowman will write the adaptation for ABC Studios and studio-based Mark Gordon Co. The ITV Studios-produced White Van Man, which premiered on BBC Three in the spring, was created by Adrian Poynton. It centers on a man who is forced to put his business dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his father. The series takes its name from the UK phrase that describes the stereotype for drivers of light commercial vehicles, often self-employed or owning small businesses such as handyman services. After working with Greg Garcia on his previous 2 series, CBS’ Yes, Dear and NBC’s My Name Is Earl, ICM-repped Bowman has most recently been serving as a consulting producer on Garcia’s newest series, Fox’s Raising Hope. Here is a scene from the original series:
ABC Developing Sitcom Based On British Format With Former 'Earl' EP & Mark Gordon
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate