After ordering Once Upon a Time to series for this fall, Disney-owned ABC is staying in a fairytale mode by putting Beauty and the Beast in development for next season. Written by Jericho co-creator Jonathan E. Steinberg, the drama project is described as an epic fantasy re-imagining of the classic Beauty and the Beast tale. And just like most fairytale characters in Once Upon a Time, including Snow White and Prince Charming, those in Beauty and the Beast happen to have headlined a popular Disney movie. Steinberg is executive producing Beauty and the Beast with Mojo Films’ Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for ABC Studios. Steinberg has experience with TV series adaptations. He most recently developed Fox’s drama Human Target based on the comic book.
ABC Buys Updated 'Beauty And The Beast'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate