After ordering Once Upon a Time to series for this fall, Disney-owned ABC is staying in a fairytale mode by putting Beauty and the Beast in development for next season. Written by Jericho co-creator Jonathan E. Steinberg, the drama project is described as an epic fantasy re-imagining of the classic Beauty and the Beast tale. And just like most fairytale characters in Once Upon a Time, including Snow White and Prince Charming, those in Beauty and the Beast happen to have headlined a popular Disney movie. Steinberg is executive producing Beauty and the Beast with Mojo Films’ Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for ABC Studios. Steinberg has experience with TV series adaptations. He most recently developed Fox’s drama Human Target based on the comic book.
ABC Buys Updated 'Beauty And The Beast'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Raises To $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Sat. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
Latest TV News
- NBC Axes Manson Drama ‘Aquarius’ After Two Seasons
- Richard Trentlage Dies; Ad Man Wrote Iconic Oscar Mayer Wiener Jingle
- ‘MacGyver’ Ratings Down In Week 2 But CBS Still Tops Night, ‘Exorcist’ Falls
- Samantha Bee On Debate: Donald Trump Revealed Himself In Small Ways
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’
- ‘Archer’ Creator Looking To End Series With 10th Season