After ordering Once Upon a Time to series for this fall, Disney-owned ABC is staying in a fairytale mode by putting Beauty and the Beast in development for next season. Written by Jericho co-creator Jonathan E. Steinberg, the drama project is described as an epic fantasy re-imagining of the classic Beauty and the Beast tale. And just like most fairytale characters in Once Upon a Time, including Snow White and Prince Charming, those in Beauty and the Beast happen to have headlined a popular Disney movie. Steinberg is executive producing Beauty and the Beast with Mojo Films’ Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for ABC Studios. Steinberg has experience with TV series adaptations. He most recently developed Fox’s drama Human Target based on the comic book.
ABC Buys Updated 'Beauty And The Beast'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- New InventTV To Develop Unscripted Content & Live Events
- Amazon & Netflix Lead Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards Winners- Full List
- ‘Real Time’: Elizabeth Warren Ignores Bill Maher’s “Pocahontas” Joke
- WGA & AMPTP Talks To Resume On Sunday As Contract Deadline Looms
- PILOTS 2017: Early Pre-Screenings Buzz
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’: Hacker Says He Stole New Season, Demands Ransom From Netflix