After ordering Once Upon a Time to series for this fall, Disney-owned ABC is staying in a fairytale mode by putting Beauty and the Beast in development for next season. Written by Jericho co-creator Jonathan E. Steinberg, the drama project is described as an epic fantasy re-imagining of the classic Beauty and the Beast tale. And just like most fairytale characters in Once Upon a Time, including Snow White and Prince Charming, those in Beauty and the Beast happen to have headlined a popular Disney movie. Steinberg is executive producing Beauty and the Beast with Mojo Films’ Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for ABC Studios. Steinberg has experience with TV series adaptations. He most recently developed Fox’s drama Human Target based on the comic book.
ABC Buys Updated 'Beauty And The Beast'
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With 'Mike & Molly' And '2 Broke Girls', Sets Midseason Premiere Dates
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ Ties ‘Supergirl’ For First Time In Live+7 & Live+3 Ratings
- Fox “Cheated” ‘Bones’ Stars Out Of More Than $100M, New Profit-Participation Suit Claims
- Sofia Vergara’s LatinWE Taps Melissa Gelineau As VP Television & Development
- Sherri Shepherd Joins ‘Rosewood’ Cast
- Broadway B.O. Loves Turkey … And A Great Parade As B.O. Leaps 26%
- The CW Buys ‘No Tomorrow’, Romantic Comedy Based On Brazilian Format, From Corinne Brinkerhoff & Ben Silverman