EXCLUSIVE: After setting up a couple of TV projects with other writers in the first development season of his recently launched Sony Pictures TV-based production company, Easy A and Friends with Benefits director Will Gluck has sold one that he will be writing. The untitled high-concept single-camera comedy landed at ABC with a sizable penalty. Its logline is being kept under wraps but word is that it is about an angel expelled from heaven who is sentenced to live in New York City. UTA-repped Gluck started off as a TV writer, working on such series as Working and Grosse Point and creating 2, Luis and The Loop, before he segued to features. His company is behind 2 other Sony TV-produced comedy projects that sparked heated bidding wars this season, ensemble comedy Walk Of Shame, penned by Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael, which went to ABC, and a mocumentary written by Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, which landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.
ABC Buys Will Gluck Comedy With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'