EXCLUSIVE: After setting up a couple of TV projects with other writers in the first development season of his recently launched Sony Pictures TV-based production company, Easy A and Friends with Benefits director Will Gluck has sold one that he will be writing. The untitled high-concept single-camera comedy landed at ABC with a sizable penalty. Its logline is being kept under wraps but word is that it is about an angel expelled from heaven who is sentenced to live in New York City. UTA-repped Gluck started off as a TV writer, working on such series as Working and Grosse Point and creating 2, Luis and The Loop, before he segued to features. His company is behind 2 other Sony TV-produced comedy projects that sparked heated bidding wars this season, ensemble comedy Walk Of Shame, penned by Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael, which went to ABC, and a mocumentary written by Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, which landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.
ABC Buys Will Gluck Comedy With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'