EXCLUSIVE: After setting up a couple of TV projects with other writers in the first development season of his recently launched Sony Pictures TV-based production company, Easy A and Friends with Benefits director Will Gluck has sold one that he will be writing. The untitled high-concept single-camera comedy landed at ABC with a sizable penalty. Its logline is being kept under wraps but word is that it is about an angel expelled from heaven who is sentenced to live in New York City. UTA-repped Gluck started off as a TV writer, working on such series as Working and Grosse Point and creating 2, Luis and The Loop, before he segued to features. His company is behind 2 other Sony TV-produced comedy projects that sparked heated bidding wars this season, ensemble comedy Walk Of Shame, penned by Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael, which went to ABC, and a mocumentary written by Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, which landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.
ABC Buys Will Gluck Comedy With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- CNN Suspends Ryan Lizza After New Yorker Cuts Ties Over “Improper Sexual Conduct”
- Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom’s Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still “KeatonStrong”?
- White House Dismisses Donald Trump Accusers As Sen. Gillibrand Demands Resignation
- ‘This Is Us’ Creator Dan Fogelman Teases Second Half Of Season 2: Aftermath Of Kevin’s DUI, Adoption…
- Kenya Barris/Alec Baldwin Family Comedy Gets Straight-To-Series Order By ABC
- Ridley Scott’s ‘Strange Angel’, ‘The Orville’ Season 2 & ‘S.W.A.T.’ Among TV Projects Receiving California…