EXCLUSIVE: After setting up a couple of TV projects with other writers in the first development season of his recently launched Sony Pictures TV-based production company, Easy A and Friends with Benefits director Will Gluck has sold one that he will be writing. The untitled high-concept single-camera comedy landed at ABC with a sizable penalty. Its logline is being kept under wraps but word is that it is about an angel expelled from heaven who is sentenced to live in New York City. UTA-repped Gluck started off as a TV writer, working on such series as Working and Grosse Point and creating 2, Luis and The Loop, before he segued to features. His company is behind 2 other Sony TV-produced comedy projects that sparked heated bidding wars this season, ensemble comedy Walk Of Shame, penned by Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael, which went to ABC, and a mocumentary written by Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, which landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.
ABC Buys Will Gluck Comedy With Penalty
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'