EXCLUSIVE: L.A. Law, Philly and Raising the Bar co-creator Steven Bochco is back on the legal beat with a new project, which has landed at ABC. Legal Affairs, which Bochco will co-write with Raising the Bar writer-producer Jonathan Abrahams, is an ensemble legal drama following the partners and associates at a prestigious L.A. law firm who must balance tangled personal relationships with the demands of family and high-profile cases. The project will be produced by ABC Studios and Gary Fleder’s Mojo Films banner, with Bochco, Abrahams and Fleder executive producing. In addition to TNT’s Raising the Bar, Bochco and Abrahams previously collaborated on another legal drama project, which was in development at A&E. Written by Abrahams, it centered on a happily married couple who are partners in a family law practice specializing in divorce clients. Mojo has several projects in development at ABC this season, including a Beauty and the Beast reboot written by Jonathan E. Steinberg and The Joneses, a Liz Tigelaar-penned drama based on the 2009 indie film. Bochco has a long history at ABC with NYPD Blue; Philly; Commander In Chief, which he ran; as well as Raising the Bar, which was produced by ABC Studios. Abrahams recently worked on Mad Men and Haven.
ABC Buys Steven Bochco Legal Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series