EXCLUSIVE: L.A. Law, Philly and Raising the Bar co-creator Steven Bochco is back on the legal beat with a new project, which has landed at ABC. Legal Affairs, which Bochco will co-write with Raising the Bar writer-producer Jonathan Abrahams, is an ensemble legal drama following the partners and associates at a prestigious L.A. law firm who must balance tangled personal relationships with the demands of family and high-profile cases. The project will be produced by ABC Studios and Gary Fleder’s Mojo Films banner, with Bochco, Abrahams and Fleder executive producing. In addition to TNT’s Raising the Bar, Bochco and Abrahams previously collaborated on another legal drama project, which was in development at A&E. Written by Abrahams, it centered on a happily married couple who are partners in a family law practice specializing in divorce clients. Mojo has several projects in development at ABC this season, including a Beauty and the Beast reboot written by Jonathan E. Steinberg and The Joneses, a Liz Tigelaar-penned drama based on the 2009 indie film. Bochco has a long history at ABC with NYPD Blue; Philly; Commander In Chief, which he ran; as well as Raising the Bar, which was produced by ABC Studios. Abrahams recently worked on Mad Men and Haven.
ABC Buys Steven Bochco Legal Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week
- CAA Exploring TV Scripted Operation With Former ABC Boss Paul Lee