ABC has bought Cartoon Marriage, a comedy script based on the book by married New Yorker cartoonists Michael Maslin and Liza Donnelly. Jennifer Garner is executive producing the comedy, which will be written by Lizzie McGuire and Less Than Perfect creator Terri Minsky. It chronicles adventures in love and matrimony through the eyes of the cartooning couple. In the book, Maslin and Donnelly tell the story of their marriage through their separate perspectives, in cartoon form. The project was developed by Garner’s production company, Vandalia Films, with Garner and her producing partner Juliana Janes executive producing with Minsky for ABC Studios. This is Vandalia’s second comedy project for ABC this season, and both are based on books. The other, based on The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth, is being adapted by Easy A writer Bert Royal.
ABC Buys Marriage Comedy Produced By Jennifer Garner & Penned By Terri Minsky
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Michael Jackson Estate Claims ABC Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer
- ‘The House Of The Spirits’ TV Series Based On Isabel Allende Novel In Works At Hulu From FilmNation Entertainment
- Bill Hader & Alec Berg Bringing ‘Barry’ To Produced By Conference
- ESPN Confirms Expanded Deal For UFC Rights, Elbowing Out Fox – Update
- ‘Watchmen’: Regina King, Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Andrew Howard Among Six Cast In Damon Lindelof’s…
- ‘Married At First Sight’ To Anchor Lifetime’s New Tuesday Relationship Block