The idea that New Jersey taxpayers are helping to enable the Jersey Shore gang to party hearty and get their fight on isn’t sitting well. “I can’t believe we are paying for fake tanning for Snooki and The Situation, and I am not even sure $420,000 covers that,” Assemblyman Declan O’Scanlon told the Newark Star-Ledger. A Democratic state Senator and an Italian American group today called on Republican Gov. Chris Christie to block the tax credit awarded yesterday to the MTV hit reality show’s production company 495 Productions. “It is disparaging to Italian Americans. He should veto it, ” said state Sen. Joe Vitale. A spokesman for the governor said that Christie doesn’t like the show and opposed the tax credit yet has no control over the decision. And not everyone is against it. In Seaside Heights, where the show is filmed, the mayor said even though Jersey Shore can show the state in a negative light, the investment pays big local dividends. “A lot of the business folks here appreciate that,” he said.
Tax Credit For 'Jersey Shore' MTV Mayhem
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Disney Swingin' As 'The Jungle Book' Beats $700M Global; 'Captain America: Civil War' Rises To $224.3M Offshore
Latest TV News
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday
- AOL To Open Studio For Live Virtual Reality Productions In NYC – Newfront