It looks like Katie Couric has settled on a name for her new ABC talk show that debuts in fall 2012, and we bet you can guess it. Following the likes of Anderson (Cooper), Ellen (DeGeneres) and even Oprah, Couric’s syndicated program will be called simply Katie. TVNewser has the news as well as some promotional material, including a shot of a smiling Couric standing arms folded in front of a wispy, pastel-colored background — a long way from her spot in the network anchor chair at CBS News. The New York-based daytime talker, which will be executive produced by Jeff Zucker, is only part of a far-reaching deal Couric signed with ABC in June that includes work for ABC News.
You Can Just Call Her 'Katie'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Ratings Rise Slightly To Top Night Again, ‘NCIS’ & ‘The Flash’ Down
- BBC Launching New Channel For Scotland With $37.4M Budget
- Louis C.K. To Headline 2 Stand-Up Specials For Netflix
- Fox’s Marvel Pilot Casts Jamie Chung As Blink
- Danny Pino To Star In 'Gone' Series For NBCU Int'l Studios, RTL & TF1
- Savannah Guthrie Sets ‘Today’ Return