EXCLUSIVE: The studio says it never officially has given the sequel a production state date. Fox was looking at a Fall 2011 start date for the Christopher McQuarrie script for Wolverine 2 starring Hugh Jackman and directed by James Mangold. But now that may push back to Spring 2012. The screenplay mostly takes place in Japan. But studio insiders tell us it’s hard finding just where to shoot in Japan these days because of weather-related considerations. Now the location might switch to Canada or become a combination of the two countries. But we’re also hearing that the start date will wait until after Jackman finishes making Les Miserables. There’s no question that 20th Century Fox wants the pic badly and has been trying to get its sequel to the X-Men spinoff The Wolverine rolling for quite awhile now. In June it landed director Mangold after Darren Aronofsky bowed out in March, ending one of the most competitive contests among Hollywood helmers for a major studio film. That set up the studio thinking that it could begin production in the fall.
'Wolverine 2' May Push Back To Spring Start
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald