Today, a courtroom battle was set to play out in LA Superior Court, pitting William Sherak against Dave Phillips over whether the latter deserved to be paid for introducing Sherak to the technology that led to the formation of 2D-to-3D conversation house Stereo D, only to have Phillips be offered $30,000 while Sherak was paid millions and given stock. I laid out the facts of the case in a recent story after the judge denied a motion by Sherak’s lawyer for dismissal and set the court date. Well, the whole thing has been resolved in an out-of-court financial settlement. Now, nobody wants to talk about who was right or wrong.
William Sherak Vs. Dave Phillips: Case Settled
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur