EXCLUSIVE: After a fierce bidding war between NBC and ABC followed by a lengthy negotiation, NBC has nabbed a mocumentary-style comedy from Mastermind writers Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, Sony Pictures TV and Will Gluck’s Sony-based production company. The project, which received interest from all four major broadcast networks, has been given a pilot production commitment. The untitled project, previously known as The Yard, presents the life lessons of elementary school as seen through the lens of an Office-like documentary. The similarity in style between The Yard and NBC’s The Office made NBC a natural choice for the project from the get-go. This is the second mega deal for Sony TV this week. The studios also scored a script with penalty commitment from Fox for a highly sought-after 1980s comedy from Breaking In co-creator Adam F. Goldberg while also securing the 13-episode second-season pickup of the previously canceled Breaking In.
NBC Nabs Comedy Project From Will Gluck With Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series