Matt Bomer, star of the USA series White Collar, has joined the ab-worthy cast of hunks who’ll play male strippers in Magic Mike, Steven Soderbergh’s next film. So far, Soderbergh has cast Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer and Matthew McConaughey. Magic Mike is a Saturday Night Fever-style coming of age story. Tatum plays the title character, who schools a young dancer (Pettyfer) in how to hustle on and off the stage. The inspiration was Channing’s own experiences as a stripper when he was 19. Nick Wechsler is producing with Tatum, Gregory Jacobs and Reid Carolin. Carolin wrote the script. Soderbergh has called the film “sexy, funny and shocking” using Saturday Night Fever as a model. Bomer will next be seen in the Andrew Niccol-directed In Time, playing the pivotal role of a wealthy man who gives the protagonist (Justin Timberlake) a shot at a longer life. Check out that trailer:
'White Collar's Matt Bomer Joins Steven Soderbergh's 'Magic Mike'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…