Warner Bros Pictures International said today that it has eclipsed the $2 billion mark in overseas box office, the fourth time the division has surpassed that benchmark. Last year, the unit grossed a record $2.93 billion — this year, the studio is ahead of that pace by two months. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 led the way, with the finale becoming the top-grossing film of the franchise and the third-highest international release of all time, grossing $857 million and counting. Warner Bros still has Contagion, J. Edgar, Happy Feet Two, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows and New Year’s Eve, among others, on its fourth-quarter docket.
Warner Bros Crosses $2B At International Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?
- ‘Deadpool’ Super Bowl Trailer: Snark And Bloodshed
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Super Bowl TV Spot: “You Chose The Wrong Side”
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ & More In Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda’ Tops $100M In China – Intl Box…
- Newcomers ‘Regression’, ‘Southbound’ Open Slow Against Oscar Contenders – Specialty Box Office