Warner Bros Pictures International said today that it has eclipsed the $2 billion mark in overseas box office, the fourth time the division has surpassed that benchmark. Last year, the unit grossed a record $2.93 billion — this year, the studio is ahead of that pace by two months. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 led the way, with the finale becoming the top-grossing film of the franchise and the third-highest international release of all time, grossing $857 million and counting. Warner Bros still has Contagion, J. Edgar, Happy Feet Two, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows and New Year’s Eve, among others, on its fourth-quarter docket.
Warner Bros Crosses $2B At International Box Office
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories