In his first night in front of the cameras at Late Night With David Letterman since a threat on his life was posted to a jihadist website, Letterman hit the ground running and used the occasion as one big punch line in his monologue. Saying that the feds were investigating the threat, the late-night host said “they could save themselves some time: Everybody knows it’s (Jay) Leno.” Joking aside, a bomb-sniffing dog was posted outside the Ed Sullivan Theater in Manhattan, where the show is taped; there were no incidents reported. Here’s the monologue:
VIDEO: David Letterman Finds Lighter Side Of Jihadist Threat
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident