In his first night in front of the cameras at Late Night With David Letterman since a threat on his life was posted to a jihadist website, Letterman hit the ground running and used the occasion as one big punch line in his monologue. Saying that the feds were investigating the threat, the late-night host said “they could save themselves some time: Everybody knows it’s (Jay) Leno.” Joking aside, a bomb-sniffing dog was posted outside the Ed Sullivan Theater in Manhattan, where the show is taped; there were no incidents reported. Here’s the monologue:
VIDEO: David Letterman Finds Lighter Side Of Jihadist Threat
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy