EXCLUSIVE: VH1 has picked up a new half-hour weekly pop-culture show headlined by YouTube star Stevie Ryan. Stevie TV, which has received a 10-episode order for a 2012 launch, will feature comedian Ryan’s satirical take on the pop-culture events of the previous week, including reality show happenings and celebrity and politician blunders. Ryan is best known for her YouTube videos, which have garnered over 80 million hits. In them, she impersonates such top celebrities and reality stars as Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber as well as VH1’s own Mob Wives and Audrina Patridge. Ryan created Stevie TV with Dan Levy and James Kirkland. Brian Volk-Weiss, Michael Pelmont, Dan Levy, Stevie Ryan and Darren Belitsky are executive producing for New Wave Entertainment; and Noah Pollack, Jill Holmes, Stacy Alexander and Jeff Olde for VH1.
VH1 Picks Up Weekly Pop-Culture Show Starring Stevie Ryan
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips