UTA is going bi-coastal. The talent agency is planning to open a New York office in November. The agency has signed a lease for office space in the 888 Seventh Avenue building near 57th street and is currently renovating its new digs. The first UTA agent to make the cross-country move is Nancy Gates, the L.A.-based co-head of TV Talent, who is relocating to New York. She will be joined by alternative television agent Alison Wallach and talent agent Steven Fisher, who recently left ICM. In addition to moving agents from LA, UTA also plans to make several new agent hires for the New York office, which will cover film and television and beef up UTA’s presence in theater, digital media and corporate consulting. UTA was the only major talent agency not to have a New York office, with WME, ICM, Gersh, Innovative Artists among those who have New York-based agents. But while it did not have a dedicated New York office, UTA has had a toehold in the Big Apple through its joint venture United Entertainment Group, which launched in 2007 and focuses on branded entertainment.
UTA to Open New York Office, Nancy Gates First Agent To Move From LA To NY
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie