UTA is going bi-coastal. The talent agency is planning to open a New York office in November. The agency has signed a lease for office space in the 888 Seventh Avenue building near 57th street and is currently renovating its new digs. The first UTA agent to make the cross-country move is Nancy Gates, the L.A.-based co-head of TV Talent, who is relocating to New York. She will be joined by alternative television agent Alison Wallach and talent agent Steven Fisher, who recently left ICM. In addition to moving agents from LA, UTA also plans to make several new agent hires for the New York office, which will cover film and television and beef up UTA’s presence in theater, digital media and corporate consulting. UTA was the only major talent agency not to have a New York office, with WME, ICM, Gersh, Innovative Artists among those who have New York-based agents. But while it did not have a dedicated New York office, UTA has had a toehold in the Big Apple through its joint venture United Entertainment Group, which launched in 2007 and focuses on branded entertainment.
UTA to Open New York Office, Nancy Gates First Agent To Move From LA To NY
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?