UTA is going bi-coastal. The talent agency is planning to open a New York office in November. The agency has signed a lease for office space in the 888 Seventh Avenue building near 57th street and is currently renovating its new digs. The first UTA agent to make the cross-country move is Nancy Gates, the L.A.-based co-head of TV Talent, who is relocating to New York. She will be joined by alternative television agent Alison Wallach and talent agent Steven Fisher, who recently left ICM. In addition to moving agents from LA, UTA also plans to make several new agent hires for the New York office, which will cover film and television and beef up UTA’s presence in theater, digital media and corporate consulting. UTA was the only major talent agency not to have a New York office, with WME, ICM, Gersh, Innovative Artists among those who have New York-based agents. But while it did not have a dedicated New York office, UTA has had a toehold in the Big Apple through its joint venture United Entertainment Group, which launched in 2007 and focuses on branded entertainment.
UTA to Open New York Office, Nancy Gates First Agent To Move From LA To NY
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over