Cheryl Cole, who became well-known in the U.S. for being hand-picked and then jettisoned as a judge on Simon Cowell’s upcoming Fox singing competition The X Factor, apparently has been cast in a cameo role in Lionsgate’s What To Expect When You’re Expecting, the adaptation of the best-selling pregnancy guidebook. The pop singer’s publicist confirmed the news via Twitter. The BBC said Cole, who appeared on Cowell’s UK version of X Factor before leaving that show too, would play a TV talent show judge in the movie, which would mark her first big-screen appearance. She also recently has been rumored to be a candidate for a judge on the UK version of The Voice. What To Expect, whose ensemble cast includes Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Brooklyn Decker, Elizabeth Banks, Anna Kendrick, Chris Rock, Chace Crawford, Rob Heubel and Matthew Morrison, is due out May 11, 2012.
U.S. Audiences To See Cheryl Cole After All
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE