Cheryl Cole, who became well-known in the U.S. for being hand-picked and then jettisoned as a judge on Simon Cowell’s upcoming Fox singing competition The X Factor, apparently has been cast in a cameo role in Lionsgate’s What To Expect When You’re Expecting, the adaptation of the best-selling pregnancy guidebook. The pop singer’s publicist confirmed the news via Twitter. The BBC said Cole, who appeared on Cowell’s UK version of X Factor before leaving that show too, would play a TV talent show judge in the movie, which would mark her first big-screen appearance. She also recently has been rumored to be a candidate for a judge on the UK version of The Voice. What To Expect, whose ensemble cast includes Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Brooklyn Decker, Elizabeth Banks, Anna Kendrick, Chris Rock, Chace Crawford, Rob Heubel and Matthew Morrison, is due out May 11, 2012.
U.S. Audiences To See Cheryl Cole After All
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle