Cheryl Cole, who became well-known in the U.S. for being hand-picked and then jettisoned as a judge on Simon Cowell’s upcoming Fox singing competition The X Factor, apparently has been cast in a cameo role in Lionsgate’s What To Expect When You’re Expecting, the adaptation of the best-selling pregnancy guidebook. The pop singer’s publicist confirmed the news via Twitter. The BBC said Cole, who appeared on Cowell’s UK version of X Factor before leaving that show too, would play a TV talent show judge in the movie, which would mark her first big-screen appearance. She also recently has been rumored to be a candidate for a judge on the UK version of The Voice. What To Expect, whose ensemble cast includes Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Brooklyn Decker, Elizabeth Banks, Anna Kendrick, Chris Rock, Chace Crawford, Rob Heubel and Matthew Morrison, is due out May 11, 2012.
U.S. Audiences To See Cheryl Cole After All
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans