John Brenkus and Mickey Stern’s BASE Prods. has become the latest U.S. independent production company in the unscripted TV space to be acquired by a large European company. UK’s Tinopolis Group has bought BASE, which has offfices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, as well as its catalog that includes such programs as Sport Science, Fight Science, Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files and Police POV. The pricetag is said to be around $75 million, a little less than the $95-$100 million Tinopolis recently paid for another U.S. independent company, A. Smith and Co. Both deals have a very similar structure. Like A. Smith, Base will keep its independence, continuing operations from in its facilities in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, with Brenkus and Stern signing multi-year contracts to stay at the helm of the company. In addition, the BASE principals will become significant shareholders and members of the Tinopolis Group management team. Brenkus will have a seat on the Tinopolis Group’s North American Board, and Stern will be a member of the Board of the parent company.
U.K.'s Tinopolis Group Acquires Base Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- DNC Ratings Top RNC Again On Day 2 With Bill Clinton Speech; ABC & CBS Down From 2012
- ‘Peep Show’: US Adaptation Of Cult UK Comedy Series In Works At Starz
- Brexit “Great Boxoffice” For Queen Elizabeth And Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ – TCA
- ‘StartUp’ Trailer: Extended Look At Crackle’s New Drama Series
- ‘Homeland’: Elizabeth Marvel Cast As U.S. President-Elect In Season 6
- Donald Trump Impersonates ‘SNL’s Jon Lovitz In Presser Blasting Clintons & DNC