John Brenkus and Mickey Stern’s BASE Prods. has become the latest U.S. independent production company in the unscripted TV space to be acquired by a large European company. UK’s Tinopolis Group has bought BASE, which has offfices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, as well as its catalog that includes such programs as Sport Science, Fight Science, Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files and Police POV. The pricetag is said to be around $75 million, a little less than the $95-$100 million Tinopolis recently paid for another U.S. independent company, A. Smith and Co. Both deals have a very similar structure. Like A. Smith, Base will keep its independence, continuing operations from in its facilities in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, with Brenkus and Stern signing multi-year contracts to stay at the helm of the company. In addition, the BASE principals will become significant shareholders and members of the Tinopolis Group management team. Brenkus will have a seat on the Tinopolis Group’s North American Board, and Stern will be a member of the Board of the parent company.
U.K.'s Tinopolis Group Acquires Base Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
Alan Cumming To Star In 'Dr. Death' CBS Crime Drama From James Patterson, Michael Rauch & Alex Kurtzman
Latest TV News
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor
- ‘Will & Grace’ Distracts Media On Debate Day With Reunion Video – Update
- Amazon Greenlights ‘Budding Prospects’ Pot Comedy Pilot Starring Will Sasso
- Clinton Vs. Trump: How To Watch Tonight’s Debate
- Wanda Group In Talks To Add Dick Clark Productions To Global Media Armada
- ‘Ice’ Teaser Trailer: First Look At Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Diamond Trade Drama