John Brenkus and Mickey Stern’s BASE Prods. has become the latest U.S. independent production company in the unscripted TV space to be acquired by a large European company. UK’s Tinopolis Group has bought BASE, which has offfices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, as well as its catalog that includes such programs as Sport Science, Fight Science, Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files and Police POV. The pricetag is said to be around $75 million, a little less than the $95-$100 million Tinopolis recently paid for another U.S. independent company, A. Smith and Co. Both deals have a very similar structure. Like A. Smith, Base will keep its independence, continuing operations from in its facilities in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, with Brenkus and Stern signing multi-year contracts to stay at the helm of the company. In addition, the BASE principals will become significant shareholders and members of the Tinopolis Group management team. Brenkus will have a seat on the Tinopolis Group’s North American Board, and Stern will be a member of the Board of the parent company.
U.K.'s Tinopolis Group Acquires Base Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest TV News
- CNN Wins White House Correspondents’ Dinner In Viewers & Demo
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘Marvel’s Jessica Jones’ Krysten Ritter & EP On Building…
- John von Soosten Dies: Longtime Katz TV Exec & Former NATPE President Was 71
- Manager George Heller Joins Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- STX Inks Production Deals With Brant Pinvidic & Ryan Holcomb
- Jimmy Kimmel Set For Kelly Ripa’s First ‘Live’ Guest Co-Host On May 16