John Brenkus and Mickey Stern’s BASE Prods. has become the latest U.S. independent production company in the unscripted TV space to be acquired by a large European company. UK’s Tinopolis Group has bought BASE, which has offfices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, as well as its catalog that includes such programs as Sport Science, Fight Science, Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files and Police POV. The pricetag is said to be around $75 million, a little less than the $95-$100 million Tinopolis recently paid for another U.S. independent company, A. Smith and Co. Both deals have a very similar structure. Like A. Smith, Base will keep its independence, continuing operations from in its facilities in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, with Brenkus and Stern signing multi-year contracts to stay at the helm of the company. In addition, the BASE principals will become significant shareholders and members of the Tinopolis Group management team. Brenkus will have a seat on the Tinopolis Group’s North American Board, and Stern will be a member of the Board of the parent company.
U.K.'s Tinopolis Group Acquires Base Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee
- Louis C.K., Tracy Morgan & Ryan Reynolds Join ‘Conan’s First New York Week Since 2011
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS Now In L.A For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraisers
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?