John Brenkus and Mickey Stern’s BASE Prods. has become the latest U.S. independent production company in the unscripted TV space to be acquired by a large European company. UK’s Tinopolis Group has bought BASE, which has offfices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, as well as its catalog that includes such programs as Sport Science, Fight Science, Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files and Police POV. The pricetag is said to be around $75 million, a little less than the $95-$100 million Tinopolis recently paid for another U.S. independent company, A. Smith and Co. Both deals have a very similar structure. Like A. Smith, Base will keep its independence, continuing operations from in its facilities in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, with Brenkus and Stern signing multi-year contracts to stay at the helm of the company. In addition, the BASE principals will become significant shareholders and members of the Tinopolis Group management team. Brenkus will have a seat on the Tinopolis Group’s North American Board, and Stern will be a member of the Board of the parent company.
U.K.'s Tinopolis Group Acquires Base Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Animals’ Animated Comedy From Duplass Brothers Gets HBO Premiere Date
- ‘Girl Meets World’ Renewed For Third Season By Disney Channel