John Brenkus and Mickey Stern’s BASE Prods. has become the latest U.S. independent production company in the unscripted TV space to be acquired by a large European company. UK’s Tinopolis Group has bought BASE, which has offfices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, as well as its catalog that includes such programs as Sport Science, Fight Science, Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files and Police POV. The pricetag is said to be around $75 million, a little less than the $95-$100 million Tinopolis recently paid for another U.S. independent company, A. Smith and Co. Both deals have a very similar structure. Like A. Smith, Base will keep its independence, continuing operations from in its facilities in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, with Brenkus and Stern signing multi-year contracts to stay at the helm of the company. In addition, the BASE principals will become significant shareholders and members of the Tinopolis Group management team. Brenkus will have a seat on the Tinopolis Group’s North American Board, and Stern will be a member of the Board of the parent company.
U.K.'s Tinopolis Group Acquires Base Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Makes An Impressively Demented Comic-Con Debut
- 'Doctor Who' Treats Hall H To Teaser For Christmas Special, Peter Capaldi & Pearl Mackie Farewell –Comic-Con
- ‘Dirk Gently’ Serves Up Clip-Heavy Panel In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Trailer Unveiled At Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Departing ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner On Peter Capaldi, Jodie Whittaker, More ‘Sherlock’ & ‘Dracula…
- Where Are Next ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Ready Player One’? Future Franchise Candidates