Scripps Networks has appointed Andy Singer, formerly the general manager of the company’s DIY Network, as head of programming and production at Travel Channel. Singer, whose new title is SVP Programming and Production Development, will focus on developing shows, talent and the network’s programming strategy; he replaces Fred Graver, who is focusing on special projects. Scripps is looking to grow Travel beyond its current 66 million households; earlier today, the company reported that the network’s revenue was up 15% year-over-year; Ross Babbitt will take Singer’s post at DIY. Before Scripps, Singer was a show producer at VH1 and also produced programs for A&E, 20th Century Fox, Fox News Channel, MSNBC and nationally syndicated broadcast series Extra and Inside Edition.
Travel Channel Taps Andy Singer As Programming & Production Boss
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Sets Code of Conduct
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’
- Olympics Draws 16.4M Total Viewers, Lowest Weeknight Result Of 2018 – Update