Scripps Networks has appointed Andy Singer, formerly the general manager of the company’s DIY Network, as head of programming and production at Travel Channel. Singer, whose new title is SVP Programming and Production Development, will focus on developing shows, talent and the network’s programming strategy; he replaces Fred Graver, who is focusing on special projects. Scripps is looking to grow Travel beyond its current 66 million households; earlier today, the company reported that the network’s revenue was up 15% year-over-year; Ross Babbitt will take Singer’s post at DIY. Before Scripps, Singer was a show producer at VH1 and also produced programs for A&E, 20th Century Fox, Fox News Channel, MSNBC and nationally syndicated broadcast series Extra and Inside Edition.
Travel Channel Taps Andy Singer As Programming & Production Boss
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement