A report today that inferred DreamWorks Animation just spurned a last-ditch attempt by Paramount to add another year to its expiring distribution pact is basically a regurgitation of a story Deadline revealed almost a month ago. Insiders say there have been no negotiations between the studios since Paramount asked DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg early last month if he wanted to extend for a year — at the same terms — beyond the distribution pact that expires in 2012. When Jeffrey Katzenberg said no, Paramount subsequently announced its own animation division that will generate one animated film per year beginning in 2014. At the time of that story, Deadline reported Paramount’s one-year approach to Katzenberg. “We did offer them a one-year extension on the same terms of what we have,” a Paramount exec told Deadline at the time. Nothing has happened between the studios since then, sources said.
Toon Drama Exaggerated In Paramount, DreamWorks Animation Split
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency