EXCLUSIVE: Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe and Mare Winningham have been cast opposite Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton in History’s miniseries The Hatfields and McCoys, about America’s most infamous family feud. The mini centers on “Devil” Anse Hatfield (Costner) and Randall McCoy (Paxton). Close friends and comrades during the Civil War, they returned to their neighboring homes — Hatfield in West Virginia, McCoy just across the Tug River border in Kentucky — to increasing tensions, misunderstandings and resentments that soon exploded into all-out warfare between the families. Berenger, repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Jim Vance, Anse Hatfield’s “Uncle Jim”, who was the firebrand warlord of the Hatfield family; Boothe, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein, will play Wall Hatfield, Anse’s level-headed, fair-minded older brother who was the local (West Virginia) justice of the peace and judge; and IFA-repped Winningham will play Sally McCoy, wife of Randall McCoy and matriarch of the Kentucky-side family, who loses four sons, a daughter, and her own sanity in the feud. Kevin Reynolds is directing the mini, which is being produced by Leslie Greif’s production company Thinkfactory Media and Costner as producing partner.
Tom Berenger, Mare Winningham, Powers Boothe Join History's 'Hatfields & McCoys'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
Latest TV News
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New…
- ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ To Take On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Clip: Six Seconds Of Chris Pratt & Dino Baby
- Netflix Ends Golden Globes Party Partnership With The Weinstein Company