EXCLUSIVE: Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe and Mare Winningham have been cast opposite Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton in History’s miniseries The Hatfields and McCoys, about America’s most infamous family feud. The mini centers on “Devil” Anse Hatfield (Costner) and Randall McCoy (Paxton). Close friends and comrades during the Civil War, they returned to their neighboring homes — Hatfield in West Virginia, McCoy just across the Tug River border in Kentucky — to increasing tensions, misunderstandings and resentments that soon exploded into all-out warfare between the families. Berenger, repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Jim Vance, Anse Hatfield’s “Uncle Jim”, who was the firebrand warlord of the Hatfield family; Boothe, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein, will play Wall Hatfield, Anse’s level-headed, fair-minded older brother who was the local (West Virginia) justice of the peace and judge; and IFA-repped Winningham will play Sally McCoy, wife of Randall McCoy and matriarch of the Kentucky-side family, who loses four sons, a daughter, and her own sanity in the feud. Kevin Reynolds is directing the mini, which is being produced by Leslie Greif’s production company Thinkfactory Media and Costner as producing partner.
Tom Berenger, Mare Winningham, Powers Boothe Join History's 'Hatfields & McCoys'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest TV News
- ‘The White Queen’ Sequel ‘The White Princess’ Greenlighted By Starz
- ‘Vinyl’ Review: Martin Scorsese & Mick Jagger’s HBO Series Rocks
- BET Taps Brie Miranda Bryant As SVP Unscripted, Original Programming
- Glenn Fleshler Joins HBO’s Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’; Matt Barr In Amazon’s ‘The Interestings’
- Wall Street Clobbers Viacom Shares Following Disappointing Reports
- Jermaine Fowler To Topline CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Superior Donuts’, James Burrows To Direct