EXCLUSIVE: Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe and Mare Winningham have been cast opposite Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton in History’s miniseries The Hatfields and McCoys, about America’s most infamous family feud. The mini centers on “Devil” Anse Hatfield (Costner) and Randall McCoy (Paxton). Close friends and comrades during the Civil War, they returned to their neighboring homes — Hatfield in West Virginia, McCoy just across the Tug River border in Kentucky — to increasing tensions, misunderstandings and resentments that soon exploded into all-out warfare between the families. Berenger, repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Jim Vance, Anse Hatfield’s “Uncle Jim”, who was the firebrand warlord of the Hatfield family; Boothe, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein, will play Wall Hatfield, Anse’s level-headed, fair-minded older brother who was the local (West Virginia) justice of the peace and judge; and IFA-repped Winningham will play Sally McCoy, wife of Randall McCoy and matriarch of the Kentucky-side family, who loses four sons, a daughter, and her own sanity in the feud. Kevin Reynolds is directing the mini, which is being produced by Leslie Greif’s production company Thinkfactory Media and Costner as producing partner.
Tom Berenger, Mare Winningham, Powers Boothe Join History's 'Hatfields & McCoys'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- Locomotive Taps Producer Alexis Alexanian As Production President
- Relativity Bankruptcy: Judge Approves Sale Of TV Assets To Stalking Horse
- WE TV Greenlights ‘Selling It: In The ATL’ For November Premiere
- ‘MTP Daily’ Averages 529K Viewers And 73K News Demo Viewers In Week 1
- Kevin McKeon Joins The Firm As Creative Executive
- ‘Powers’ Adds Tricia Helfer To Season 2 Cast