EXCLUSIVE: Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe and Mare Winningham have been cast opposite Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton in History’s miniseries The Hatfields and McCoys, about America’s most infamous family feud. The mini centers on “Devil” Anse Hatfield (Costner) and Randall McCoy (Paxton). Close friends and comrades during the Civil War, they returned to their neighboring homes — Hatfield in West Virginia, McCoy just across the Tug River border in Kentucky — to increasing tensions, misunderstandings and resentments that soon exploded into all-out warfare between the families. Berenger, repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Jim Vance, Anse Hatfield’s “Uncle Jim”, who was the firebrand warlord of the Hatfield family; Boothe, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein, will play Wall Hatfield, Anse’s level-headed, fair-minded older brother who was the local (West Virginia) justice of the peace and judge; and IFA-repped Winningham will play Sally McCoy, wife of Randall McCoy and matriarch of the Kentucky-side family, who loses four sons, a daughter, and her own sanity in the feud. Kevin Reynolds is directing the mini, which is being produced by Leslie Greif’s production company Thinkfactory Media and Costner as producing partner.
Tom Berenger, Mare Winningham, Powers Boothe Join History's 'Hatfields & McCoys'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $2.65M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Saturday AM
Latest TV News
- Katie Couric Next Documentary Looks At Gender Revolution, For NatGeo
- Nat Geo Acquires Leonardo DiCaprio’s Climate Change Documentary – TCA
- Kathryn Bigelow’s VR Documentary Short On Ivory Poaching Set At Nat Geo Channel – TCA
- Graham Yost, Bruce C. McKenna To Adapt Michael Crichton Manuscript ‘Dragon Teeth’ For NatGeo
- Sarah Jessica Parker Returns To HBO With ‘Divorce’, But Couture Stays Retired
- ‘Westworld’ Producer Insists Sexual Violence “Not About Fetishization” But “Exploring With Dignity”…