TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, which kicked off its second season this summer with 8.6 million viewers and is battling the network’s The Closer for the top viewership ranking among all basic cable series, has been renewed for a third season. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for a summer 2012 launch. The series, from Warner Horizon Television, Hurdler Prods and Ostar Prods, stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander and is based on Tess Gerritsen’s bestselling crime novels about a tough Boston cop (Harmon) and her medical-examiner partner (Alexander), who are opposites but always seem to get the bad guys. Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill and Jordan Bridges also star. The current second season airs Mondays through Sept. 12 before it returns to complete its run in November and December.
TNT Renews 'Rizzoli & Isles' For 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale Also Slotted
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series