TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, which kicked off its second season this summer with 8.6 million viewers and is battling the network’s The Closer for the top viewership ranking among all basic cable series, has been renewed for a third season. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for a summer 2012 launch. The series, from Warner Horizon Television, Hurdler Prods and Ostar Prods, stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander and is based on Tess Gerritsen’s bestselling crime novels about a tough Boston cop (Harmon) and her medical-examiner partner (Alexander), who are opposites but always seem to get the bad guys. Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill and Jordan Bridges also star. The current second season airs Mondays through Sept. 12 before it returns to complete its run in November and December.
TNT Renews 'Rizzoli & Isles' For 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Parks & Recreation’ Creator Mike Schur: “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey;” ‘The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Jokes About…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure