TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, which kicked off its second season this summer with 8.6 million viewers and is battling the network’s The Closer for the top viewership ranking among all basic cable series, has been renewed for a third season. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for a summer 2012 launch. The series, from Warner Horizon Television, Hurdler Prods and Ostar Prods, stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander and is based on Tess Gerritsen’s bestselling crime novels about a tough Boston cop (Harmon) and her medical-examiner partner (Alexander), who are opposites but always seem to get the bad guys. Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill and Jordan Bridges also star. The current second season airs Mondays through Sept. 12 before it returns to complete its run in November and December.
TNT Renews 'Rizzoli & Isles' For 3rd Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'