In one fell swoop, TLC cancelled both of its series headlined by tabloid fixtures. Following the demise of Kate Gosselin’s Kate Plus 8 on Monday, the network today announced the end of LA Inc starring Kat Von D. “TLC has decided that the current season of LA Ink will be its last,” the network said in a statement. “The network is proud of what the series has accomplished in its four seasons, following Kat Von D’s journey as an artist from Miami to Los Angeles. The series finale will air September 15th at 10 PM” Unlike Gosselin, who followed up TLC’s announcement with tweets thanking the network and her fans for the long run, Kat Von D was less gracious. “I love how me deciding to not continue doing LA Ink, turns into being ‘cancelled,'” she tweeted. “Thanks, TLC.” LA Ink is one of 3 spinoff series spawned from TLC’s Miami Ink, including current series NY Ink.
TLC Cancels Reality TV's Kat Von D 'LA Ink'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Taps Jon Hookstratten As EVP Administration & Operations
- Jason Richman Inks New Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Emmys: Television Academy Pushes Last-Minute Voters As Ballot Deadline Looms Tonight
- ‘SafeWord’: MTV Sets Date For Comedy Game Show From ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Producers
- Ashton Kutcher To EP Two Unscripted Series For Chicken Soup For The Soul