The Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, the 1998 comedy that stars Jeff Bridges as The Dude and spawned an annual Lebowski Fest for avid fans, will be the first film offered by Universal for rent on Facebook. It will be available through the studio’s “Social Theater” application, through which users can rent, view and interact on the film’s Facebook page at a cost of 30 Facebook Credits ($3) for a 48-hour window. The launch coincides with the movie’s debut on Blu-ray and follows a similar initiative from Warner Bros, which in March began offering movies — including The Dark Knight, a pair of Harry Potter films and Inception — for the same price and the same viewing window.
The Dude Abides On Facebook Via Universal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'