The Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, the 1998 comedy that stars Jeff Bridges as The Dude and spawned an annual Lebowski Fest for avid fans, will be the first film offered by Universal for rent on Facebook. It will be available through the studio’s “Social Theater” application, through which users can rent, view and interact on the film’s Facebook page at a cost of 30 Facebook Credits ($3) for a 48-hour window. The launch coincides with the movie’s debut on Blu-ray and follows a similar initiative from Warner Bros, which in March began offering movies — including The Dark Knight, a pair of Harry Potter films and Inception — for the same price and the same viewing window.
The Dude Abides On Facebook Via Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’