The Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, the 1998 comedy that stars Jeff Bridges as The Dude and spawned an annual Lebowski Fest for avid fans, will be the first film offered by Universal for rent on Facebook. It will be available through the studio’s “Social Theater” application, through which users can rent, view and interact on the film’s Facebook page at a cost of 30 Facebook Credits ($3) for a 48-hour window. The launch coincides with the movie’s debut on Blu-ray and follows a similar initiative from Warner Bros, which in March began offering movies — including The Dark Knight, a pair of Harry Potter films and Inception — for the same price and the same viewing window.
The Dude Abides On Facebook Via Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks