The Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, the 1998 comedy that stars Jeff Bridges as The Dude and spawned an annual Lebowski Fest for avid fans, will be the first film offered by Universal for rent on Facebook. It will be available through the studio’s “Social Theater” application, through which users can rent, view and interact on the film’s Facebook page at a cost of 30 Facebook Credits ($3) for a 48-hour window. The launch coincides with the movie’s debut on Blu-ray and follows a similar initiative from Warner Bros, which in March began offering movies — including The Dark Knight, a pair of Harry Potter films and Inception — for the same price and the same viewing window.
The Dude Abides On Facebook Via Universal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
- Discovery Spikes 'Sons Of Guns' After “Serious And Horrific” New Charges Against Star
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.