The Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, the 1998 comedy that stars Jeff Bridges as The Dude and spawned an annual Lebowski Fest for avid fans, will be the first film offered by Universal for rent on Facebook. It will be available through the studio’s “Social Theater” application, through which users can rent, view and interact on the film’s Facebook page at a cost of 30 Facebook Credits ($3) for a 48-hour window. The launch coincides with the movie’s debut on Blu-ray and follows a similar initiative from Warner Bros, which in March began offering movies — including The Dark Knight, a pair of Harry Potter films and Inception — for the same price and the same viewing window.
The Dude Abides On Facebook Via Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- ‘Bad Moms’ Review: Perfect Movie For Moms To Ditch The Kids And Have Some Raunchy Fun
- Alcon Acquires Feature Film Pitch ‘Besties’ From ‘Lucifer’ Co-EP
- Thriller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars