Jose Cancela is returning to NBCUniversal’s Telemundo as the new president and general manager of KVEA-TV in Los Angeles. Cancela was part of Telemundo from 1992-1998, when he served as president and COO of the Telemundo Station Group. Cancela worked most recently at the Miami-based market research firm Hispanic USA, which he founded in 2004. He was president and COO of Radio Unica Communications Corp from 1998-2004. “Jose’s leadership skills, extensive broadcasting and operational experience, as well as his deep knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Hispanic audience will be a tremendous asset to KVEA,” said group president Ronald Gordon. Cancela replaces Jose Valle, who left last year and now is president of Univision Radio.
Telemundo Names New GM at KVEA-TV
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV