Jose Cancela is returning to NBCUniversal’s Telemundo as the new president and general manager of KVEA-TV in Los Angeles. Cancela was part of Telemundo from 1992-1998, when he served as president and COO of the Telemundo Station Group. Cancela worked most recently at the Miami-based market research firm Hispanic USA, which he founded in 2004. He was president and COO of Radio Unica Communications Corp from 1998-2004. “Jose’s leadership skills, extensive broadcasting and operational experience, as well as his deep knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Hispanic audience will be a tremendous asset to KVEA,” said group president Ronald Gordon. Cancela replaces Jose Valle, who left last year and now is president of Univision Radio.
Telemundo Names New GM at KVEA-TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- MTV Greenlights Two Unscripted Series For 2015 – 'Broke A$$ Game Show' & 'Todrick'
- Bunim/Murray Opens NYC Office, 'Project Runway' Producer Bagshaw To Head Ops
- 'Hedwig' Producer David Binder Attaches To London Stage Fest
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence