Jose Cancela is returning to NBCUniversal’s Telemundo as the new president and general manager of KVEA-TV in Los Angeles. Cancela was part of Telemundo from 1992-1998, when he served as president and COO of the Telemundo Station Group. Cancela worked most recently at the Miami-based market research firm Hispanic USA, which he founded in 2004. He was president and COO of Radio Unica Communications Corp from 1998-2004. “Jose’s leadership skills, extensive broadcasting and operational experience, as well as his deep knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Hispanic audience will be a tremendous asset to KVEA,” said group president Ronald Gordon. Cancela replaces Jose Valle, who left last year and now is president of Univision Radio.
Telemundo Names New GM at KVEA-TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”