Jose Cancela is returning to NBCUniversal’s Telemundo as the new president and general manager of KVEA-TV in Los Angeles. Cancela was part of Telemundo from 1992-1998, when he served as president and COO of the Telemundo Station Group. Cancela worked most recently at the Miami-based market research firm Hispanic USA, which he founded in 2004. He was president and COO of Radio Unica Communications Corp from 1998-2004. “Jose’s leadership skills, extensive broadcasting and operational experience, as well as his deep knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Hispanic audience will be a tremendous asset to KVEA,” said group president Ronald Gordon. Cancela replaces Jose Valle, who left last year and now is president of Univision Radio.
Telemundo Names New GM at KVEA-TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…