Jose Cancela is returning to NBCUniversal’s Telemundo as the new president and general manager of KVEA-TV in Los Angeles. Cancela was part of Telemundo from 1992-1998, when he served as president and COO of the Telemundo Station Group. Cancela worked most recently at the Miami-based market research firm Hispanic USA, which he founded in 2004. He was president and COO of Radio Unica Communications Corp from 1998-2004. “Jose’s leadership skills, extensive broadcasting and operational experience, as well as his deep knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Hispanic audience will be a tremendous asset to KVEA,” said group president Ronald Gordon. Cancela replaces Jose Valle, who left last year and now is president of Univision Radio.
Telemundo Names New GM at KVEA-TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′