Another name change post Comcast-NBCUniversal merger. At TCA’s press tour today, Mark Lazarus, Chairman of the NBC Sports Group, announced that sports channel Versus, previously owned by Comcast, was being re-branded as the NBC Sports Network beginning on Jan. 2, 2012. Comcast’s sports properties had already been folded into the NBC Sports Group immediately after the merger. Lazarus called the re-branding a reflection of “a strategic refocusing of the Versus brand to leverage the heritage of NBC Sports on cable.” Also getting a face-lift is the NBC Sports logo, which has been slightly updated.
TCA: Comcast's Versus Channel To Be Rebranded As NBC Sports Network
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- TV News And Clinton Campaign Thrown Into Tizzy As FBI Looks At Emails Again
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Zacherle Dies; Pioneering “Cool Ghoul” Horror Host Was 98
- Rob Sharenow On Cops Going Live In A&E Docu Series ‘Live PD’: “They Want the World To See What Really Goes On”…
- AMC Buys ‘Dietland’ Drama From Marti Noxon & Skydance For Series Consideration
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series