Another name change post Comcast-NBCUniversal merger. At TCA’s press tour today, Mark Lazarus, Chairman of the NBC Sports Group, announced that sports channel Versus, previously owned by Comcast, was being re-branded as the NBC Sports Network beginning on Jan. 2, 2012. Comcast’s sports properties had already been folded into the NBC Sports Group immediately after the merger. Lazarus called the re-branding a reflection of “a strategic refocusing of the Versus brand to leverage the heritage of NBC Sports on cable.” Also getting a face-lift is the NBC Sports logo, which has been slightly updated.
TCA: Comcast's Versus Channel To Be Rebranded As NBC Sports Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation