With Fox Sports poised to officially confirm this morning that it has signed a multi-year deal with mixed-martial arts league UFC for coverage on Fox and FX, Spike TV announced the end of its UFC franchise, The Ultimate Fighter, which is expected to migrate to FX. The Ultimate Fighter season 14 in September will be our last,” the network said in a statement. “We are increasing our commitment to distinctive, original series that we own such as Auction Hunters and Bar Rescue which are delivering on our goal to reach a broader audience. Our 6-year partnership with the UFC has been incredibly beneficial in building both our brands, and we wish them all the best in the future.
Spike TV Announces The End Of 'Ultimate Fighter'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ian Sander & Kim Moses Ink First-Look Deal With 20th TV, Set Biblical Drama At Amazon
- Legal Drama From Jerry Bruckheimer & Rick Eid Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- Kevin Connolly To Star In Fox Fantasy Football Comedy From Matthew Berry
- Diego Luna & Gael García Bernal To Produce Adaptation Of Mexican Series 'Niño Santo' For A&E & Amblin TV
- Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Developing HBO Comedy With French Twist
- TNT Orders Cocaine Trade Drama Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay & Michelle Ashford