EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures TV is resurrecting Dead Lawyers, the high-concept legal drama it originally developed for SyFy eight years ago, with Graham Yost on board to co-write/executive produce and John Stamos attached to star. The project’s first incarnation, written by Christopher Murphey, went to pilot at Syfy and was directed by Paris Barclay and starred Sean Patrick Flanery. Now Sony TV is taking another stab at the concept — a hotshot defense attorney is run over by a bus and finds himself in his own version of hell: a law firm on earth composed of other dead lawyers, all trying to right miscarriages of justice in order to redeem themselves — with Yost, the developer/executive producer of the studio’s FX drama Justified. CAA-repped Yost will co-write the script with Justified co-executive producer Fred Golan. Stamos is set to play the hot-shot lawyer in what would be his first series starring role since his stint on ER. The project, envisioned as a legal procedural with a twist, is being pitched to the networks this week. Stamos, repped by WME and Brillstein, recently recurred on Fox’s Glee.
Sony TV Revives 'Dead Lawyers' With John Stamos As Lead, Graham Yost As Writer
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Rob Lowe Talks Hollow Moon, Ghost Sensing Gadgets, ‘The Lowe Files’ – TCA
- ‘Phelps Vs Shark’ Breaks Shark Week Ratings Record For Discovery
- HBO’s ‘All Def Comedy’ To Return As Series In December
- Anthony Scaramucci’s Politicon Participation Now Not Even Remotely Likely
- Lifetime Greenlights Simone Biles Biopic, Sets Fall Movie Premiere Dates – TCA
- ‘UnReal’ Renewed For Season 4 On Lifetime; Rookie ‘Mary Kills People’ Also Picked Up – TCA