Sony Pictures has targeted Aug. 2, 2013 as the release date for a sequel to The Smurfs, even though the studio at this point has only locked Jordan Kerner to be the film’s producer. The notion of making a sequel is a no-brainer after the original nearly beat the pricier Cowboys & Aliens in its opening weekend and has so far taken in $135 million worldwide. It opened No. 1 in 23 offshore markets last weekend.
Sony Stakes Out 2013 'Smurfs' Sequel Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Frankie Shaw Joins Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director
- ‘Maze Runner’ Sequel Production Shut Down Indefinitely For Dylan O’Brien Recovery – Update
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP