EXCLUSIVE: Ben Ripley, who most recently penned Source Code, has been signed to a development deal with Sony to write a contemporary reimagining of Flatliners, the 1990 Joel Schumacher drama about medical students who dabble too far into near-death experiments that starred then-emerging actors like Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts and William Baldwin, as well as Kevin Bacon. Maybe Sony thinks a redo can launch a few more young careers in the same manner? Laurence Mark is set to produce, likely with Further Films, for Columbia Pictures. David Blackman is overseeing for Laurence Mark Prods. Ripley penned the April release Source Code for Summit Entertainment; the film was a surprise hit and has made $123.3 million worldwide to date.
Sony Hires 'Source Code' Writer Ben Ripley To Pen 'Flatliners' Redo
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…
- Kyra Sedgwick, Jeffrey Donovan Join Dark Comedy Film ‘Villains’
- Triple Threat Alexandria Bombach Signs With UTA
- Tessa Thompson Joins Sony’s ‘Men In Black’ Offshoot