EXCLUSIVE: Ben Ripley, who most recently penned Source Code, has been signed to a development deal with Sony to write a contemporary reimagining of Flatliners, the 1990 Joel Schumacher drama about medical students who dabble too far into near-death experiments that starred then-emerging actors like Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts and William Baldwin, as well as Kevin Bacon. Maybe Sony thinks a redo can launch a few more young careers in the same manner? Laurence Mark is set to produce, likely with Further Films, for Columbia Pictures. David Blackman is overseeing for Laurence Mark Prods. Ripley penned the April release Source Code for Summit Entertainment; the film was a surprise hit and has made $123.3 million worldwide to date.
Sony Hires 'Source Code' Writer Ben Ripley To Pen 'Flatliners' Redo
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box Office…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation