EXCLUSIVE: Ben Ripley, who most recently penned Source Code, has been signed to a development deal with Sony to write a contemporary reimagining of Flatliners, the 1990 Joel Schumacher drama about medical students who dabble too far into near-death experiments that starred then-emerging actors like Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts and William Baldwin, as well as Kevin Bacon. Maybe Sony thinks a redo can launch a few more young careers in the same manner? Laurence Mark is set to produce, likely with Further Films, for Columbia Pictures. David Blackman is overseeing for Laurence Mark Prods. Ripley penned the April release Source Code for Summit Entertainment; the film was a surprise hit and has made $123.3 million worldwide to date.
Sony Hires 'Source Code' Writer Ben Ripley To Pen 'Flatliners' Redo
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal…
- Potential ‘Citizen Kane’ & ‘Cat People’ TV Series At Heart Of RKO Lawsuit
- Susan Lacy Explains Making Of Her Steven Spielberg Documentary For HBO – TCA
- Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor DeObia Oparei
- ‘UnReal’ Star Caitlin FitzGerald Joins ‘The Man Who Killed Hitler Then The Bigfoot’