EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has put in development The Damned, a drama series project based on independent graphic novel and comic book publisher Oni Press’ comic book limited series. It will be written by feature writer David Hayter, who has co-penned several big-screen comic book adaptations: X-Men, X2 and Watchmen. Oni Press’ sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment, the Littlefield Co. and CBS Television Studios are producing. The Damned is described as a modern adaptation of the comic, written by Cullen Bunn and illustrated by Brian Hurtt. It will revolve around Eddie, a cursed man who is stuck in the middle of a turf war in modern-day Chicago where mobsters are demons. Eddie must play all the angles to keep the warring families at bay while trying to reclaim his soul. Hayter, Closed on Mondays’ Eric Gitter and Warren Littlefield executive produce with Joe Nozemack and Andy Bourne also producing. Oni Press and Closed on Mondays are repped by WME and David Guillod Management; Littlefield is with CAA; Hayter is with UTA.
Showtime Developing Drama Series Based On Comic Book 'The Damned'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?