EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has put in development The Damned, a drama series project based on independent graphic novel and comic book publisher Oni Press’ comic book limited series. It will be written by feature writer David Hayter, who has co-penned several big-screen comic book adaptations: X-Men, X2 and Watchmen. Oni Press’ sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment, the Littlefield Co. and CBS Television Studios are producing. The Damned is described as a modern adaptation of the comic, written by Cullen Bunn and illustrated by Brian Hurtt. It will revolve around Eddie, a cursed man who is stuck in the middle of a turf war in modern-day Chicago where mobsters are demons. Eddie must play all the angles to keep the warring families at bay while trying to reclaim his soul. Hayter, Closed on Mondays’ Eric Gitter and Warren Littlefield executive produce with Joe Nozemack and Andy Bourne also producing. Oni Press and Closed on Mondays are repped by WME and David Guillod Management; Littlefield is with CAA; Hayter is with UTA.
Showtime Developing Drama Series Based On Comic Book 'The Damned'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- #8216;Downton Abbey’ Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James’ Future, Season 7…
- Matthew Glave Cast In NBA Pilot, Gia Mantegna In ‘Cheerleader Death Squad’
- Kim Raver To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Advocate’
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’