EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has put in development The Damned, a drama series project based on independent graphic novel and comic book publisher Oni Press’ comic book limited series. It will be written by feature writer David Hayter, who has co-penned several big-screen comic book adaptations: X-Men, X2 and Watchmen. Oni Press’ sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment, the Littlefield Co. and CBS Television Studios are producing. The Damned is described as a modern adaptation of the comic, written by Cullen Bunn and illustrated by Brian Hurtt. It will revolve around Eddie, a cursed man who is stuck in the middle of a turf war in modern-day Chicago where mobsters are demons. Eddie must play all the angles to keep the warring families at bay while trying to reclaim his soul. Hayter, Closed on Mondays’ Eric Gitter and Warren Littlefield executive produce with Joe Nozemack and Andy Bourne also producing. Oni Press and Closed on Mondays are repped by WME and David Guillod Management; Littlefield is with CAA; Hayter is with UTA.
Showtime Developing Drama Series Based On Comic Book 'The Damned'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Legal Cases Move Forward Ahead Of ‘Dateline’ Special
- ‘Key & Peele’ Showrunners Developing ‘The Romeos’ Buddy Comedy At ABC
- Greg Berlanti Dramas From Chris Fedak & Jennifer Johnson Set At CBS As Put Pilots
- ‘Blindspot’ Gets Full-Season Order By NBC
- Francois Arnaud Joins NBC Drama ‘Blindspot’; LisaGay Hamilton In ‘The Wilding’
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’: Wynn Everett, Lotte Verbeek, More Join Season 2 Cast