EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has put in development The Damned, a drama series project based on independent graphic novel and comic book publisher Oni Press’ comic book limited series. It will be written by feature writer David Hayter, who has co-penned several big-screen comic book adaptations: X-Men, X2 and Watchmen. Oni Press’ sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment, the Littlefield Co. and CBS Television Studios are producing. The Damned is described as a modern adaptation of the comic, written by Cullen Bunn and illustrated by Brian Hurtt. It will revolve around Eddie, a cursed man who is stuck in the middle of a turf war in modern-day Chicago where mobsters are demons. Eddie must play all the angles to keep the warring families at bay while trying to reclaim his soul. Hayter, Closed on Mondays’ Eric Gitter and Warren Littlefield executive produce with Joe Nozemack and Andy Bourne also producing. Oni Press and Closed on Mondays are repped by WME and David Guillod Management; Littlefield is with CAA; Hayter is with UTA.
Showtime Developing Drama Series Based On Comic Book 'The Damned'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest TV News
- Christina Davis Exits As CBS Head Of Drama Development
- ‘Salvation’ Holds In Week 2, ‘Little Big Shots: Forever Young’ Ticks Down, Gordon Ramsay Shows Inch Up, ‘Big…
- O.J. Simpson Tells Parole Board: “Nobody Ever Accused Me of Pulling Any Weapon On Them”
- A&E Sets Return Date For ‘Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath’
- ‘The Originals’ To End After Season 5 On The CW
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award