EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has put in development The Damned, a drama series project based on independent graphic novel and comic book publisher Oni Press’ comic book limited series. It will be written by feature writer David Hayter, who has co-penned several big-screen comic book adaptations: X-Men, X2 and Watchmen. Oni Press’ sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment, the Littlefield Co. and CBS Television Studios are producing. The Damned is described as a modern adaptation of the comic, written by Cullen Bunn and illustrated by Brian Hurtt. It will revolve around Eddie, a cursed man who is stuck in the middle of a turf war in modern-day Chicago where mobsters are demons. Eddie must play all the angles to keep the warring families at bay while trying to reclaim his soul. Hayter, Closed on Mondays’ Eric Gitter and Warren Littlefield executive produce with Joe Nozemack and Andy Bourne also producing. Oni Press and Closed on Mondays are repped by WME and David Guillod Management; Littlefield is with CAA; Hayter is with UTA.
Showtime Developing Drama Series Based On Comic Book 'The Damned'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WE tv Chases ‘Ghosts In The Hood’ With New Docuseries
- Character Actors To Be Honored This Weekend At 2nd Annual Carney Awards
- TV Land’s ‘Heathers’ TV Remake Finds Its Heathers
- Fox Nabs Comedy From Ian Brennan, Diablo Cody & Simon Cowell As Put Pilot
- ‘Will & Grace’: Talks Underway For New Season Of Emmy-Winning Comedy
- ‘Young & Hungry’ Gets Season 5 Renewal On Freeform