Showtime has picked up two additional episodes of its baseball reality series The Franchise, which follows the San Francisco Giants’ players and personnel during the season for a glimpse inside the world of pro baseball. The move brings the full series order to eight episodes, not including a preview special that aired earlier this year; the series premiered this summer. Franchise, from Major League Baseball Prods and Mike Tollin, will now run through August as the Giants battle for a playoff spot that might just make for good TV; the defending World Series champions are currently are 2 1/2 games behind Arizona in the NL West and 5 games out in the NL Wild Card race.
Showtime Adds To 'Franchise' Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era