Showtime has picked up two additional episodes of its baseball reality series The Franchise, which follows the San Francisco Giants’ players and personnel during the season for a glimpse inside the world of pro baseball. The move brings the full series order to eight episodes, not including a preview special that aired earlier this year; the series premiered this summer. Franchise, from Major League Baseball Prods and Mike Tollin, will now run through August as the Giants battle for a playoff spot that might just make for good TV; the defending World Series champions are currently are 2 1/2 games behind Arizona in the NL West and 5 games out in the NL Wild Card race.
Showtime Adds To 'Franchise' Order
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update