The popularity of period dramas among the TV networks continues. Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes is the latest to join the trend with Gilded Lillys, a drama for ABC from The Nine co-creator KJ Steinberg. Set in 1895 New York, the project revolves around the first true luxury hotel ever built in the city, the family who owns it, the staff who work it, and the people who pass through. Steinberg will write the script and executive produce with Rhimes and Betsy Beers. ABC Studios and Rhimes’ studio-based Shondaland are producing.
Shonda Rhimes To Produce 1890s New York Hotel Drama Project For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials
- Comedy Central Developing ‘Living The Dream’ From Aaron Karo & Dillon Francis