The popularity of period dramas among the TV networks continues. Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes is the latest to join the trend with Gilded Lillys, a drama for ABC from The Nine co-creator KJ Steinberg. Set in 1895 New York, the project revolves around the first true luxury hotel ever built in the city, the family who owns it, the staff who work it, and the people who pass through. Steinberg will write the script and executive produce with Rhimes and Betsy Beers. ABC Studios and Rhimes’ studio-based Shondaland are producing.
Shonda Rhimes To Produce 1890s New York Hotel Drama Project For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Says Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo