The popularity of period dramas among the TV networks continues. Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes is the latest to join the trend with Gilded Lillys, a drama for ABC from The Nine co-creator KJ Steinberg. Set in 1895 New York, the project revolves around the first true luxury hotel ever built in the city, the family who owns it, the staff who work it, and the people who pass through. Steinberg will write the script and executive produce with Rhimes and Betsy Beers. ABC Studios and Rhimes’ studio-based Shondaland are producing.
Shonda Rhimes To Produce 1890s New York Hotel Drama Project For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- NBC’s ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical Moved To 2018
- Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Drama ‘Blue Book’ Gets Series Order By History
- ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Renewed By HBO
- ‘Suits’ Creator Aaron Korsh Inks New Overall Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central
- ‘Channel Zero’: Brandon Scott & Holland Roden Join Season 3 Of Syfy Anthology