CBS Corp and Viacom vice chairman and National Amusements president Shari Redstone has co-founded Advancit Capital, an early-stage investment firm that has been involved in early funding for app maker Nettle. AllThingsD reports that the company, co-founded with Jason Ostheimer, is focusing on media, entertainment and technology companies. Redstone, the daughter of CBS Corp and Viacom chief Sumner Redstone, recently ran Midway Games before her father sold his stock in the game-maker. She is thought to be the eventual successor to the throne at Viacom and CBS Corp.
Shari Redstone Launches Investment Firm
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara