CBS Corp and Viacom vice chairman and National Amusements president Shari Redstone has co-founded Advancit Capital, an early-stage investment firm that has been involved in early funding for app maker Nettle. AllThingsD reports that the company, co-founded with Jason Ostheimer, is focusing on media, entertainment and technology companies. Redstone, the daughter of CBS Corp and Viacom chief Sumner Redstone, recently ran Midway Games before her father sold his stock in the game-maker. She is thought to be the eventual successor to the throne at Viacom and CBS Corp.
Shari Redstone Launches Investment Firm
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories