With HBO sibling Cinemax rapidly ramping up its original primetime series development and production, the channel is now getting a dedicated programming executive. Former Film Department exec Scott Nemes will shepherd the development and production of original series for Cinemax, reporting to HBO Miniseries president Kary Antholis, who has been overseeing Cinemax’s original programming efforts. Nemes, a former child actor, was most recently SVP production and development at film financing/production company The Film Department, which folded in May. He previously worked at at Immortal Entertainment, where he co-produced My Baby’s Daddy for Miramax and developed the films Kiss of the Dragon for Fox, Life Without Dick for Columbia and Searching for Debra Winger for Showtime. Cinemax’s first primetime original series, Strike Back, launched on Friday to solid ratings. The channel, primarily known for its latenight erotic programming, has 2 more series in the pipeline, The Sector and The Transporter, with another one, the Alan Ball-produced Banshee, in the works.
Scott Nemes Tapped As Development Executive For Cinemax
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA