Sarah Silverman, Whitney Cummings and Chelsea Handler will now be under the same roof. After a bidding war, NBC has snagged Silverman’s single-camera comedy project with a hefty put pilot commitment. The comedy, a pet project of Imagine principal Ron Howard, drew strong interest from all networks it was pitched to, with two, NBC and ABC, offering major commitments. Loosely based on Silverman’s life, the untitled single-camera comedy stars the comedian as a woman readjusting to the single life after a decade-long live-in relationship. Silverman is writing with Dan Sterling and Jon Schroeder, who were writer-producers on her self-titled Comedy Central series. Silverman, Howard, Sterling, Grazer and Francie Calfo are executive producing. At NBC, CAA-repped Silverman joins two other female comedians known for their raunchy, no-holds-barred standup: Cummings, creator and star of her own eponymous comedy series on NBC, which launches this fall, and Handler, who is behind another upcoming sitcom on the network. This marks another high-profile sale from 20th TV for NBC under new entertainment president Jennifer Salke, former EVP at the studio.
Sarah Silverman's Comedy Lands At NBC With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…