Sarah Silverman, Whitney Cummings and Chelsea Handler will now be under the same roof. After a bidding war, NBC has snagged Silverman’s single-camera comedy project with a hefty put pilot commitment. The comedy, a pet project of Imagine principal Ron Howard, drew strong interest from all networks it was pitched to, with two, NBC and ABC, offering major commitments. Loosely based on Silverman’s life, the untitled single-camera comedy stars the comedian as a woman readjusting to the single life after a decade-long live-in relationship. Silverman is writing with Dan Sterling and Jon Schroeder, who were writer-producers on her self-titled Comedy Central series. Silverman, Howard, Sterling, Grazer and Francie Calfo are executive producing. At NBC, CAA-repped Silverman joins two other female comedians known for their raunchy, no-holds-barred standup: Cummings, creator and star of her own eponymous comedy series on NBC, which launches this fall, and Handler, who is behind another upcoming sitcom on the network. This marks another high-profile sale from 20th TV for NBC under new entertainment president Jennifer Salke, former EVP at the studio.
Sarah Silverman's Comedy Lands At NBC With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Homeland’ EP On Season 6 Debut, How Claire Danes Drama Will End & U.S. Return
- 'Sherlock' Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale’s Thrills & Heart; Is This Really 'The Final Problem' For The Baker Street…
- ‘The Young Pope’ & ‘Homeland’ Season 6 Review: Both Snare Spirit Of Our Times
- Donald Trump Joins Spokesman In Calling ‘SNL’ Unfunny: “Complete Hit Job,” PEOTUS Tweets – UPDATE
- PBS Masterpiece Partners with BBC & Lookout Point On Newspaper Biz Drama ‘Press’ — TCA