Former American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis originated the lead role of Drew Boley in Rock of Ages‘ off-Broadway and Broadway musical incarnations. He’s not playing that role in the movie version that Adam Shankman is directing for New Line (Diego Boneta got the screen role), but that doesn’t mean Maroulis has been left out completely. He just filmed the small role as a prototypical ’80s record executive. Here’s a shot of him with Shankman and one of the film’s producers, Matt Weaver. The film stars Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Bryan Cranston, Alec Baldwin, Mary J. Blige, Russell Brand and Julianne Hough.
'Rock Of Ages' Stage Star Constantine Maroulis Joins The Movie Version
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders At Capacity; Long Waiting List For Award Season Kickoff Event
- VidAngel Files For Chapter 11 After Losing Legal Fight With Hollywood Studios
- ‘I Love You, Daddy’ Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates…
- ‘Where’s The Money’ Red Band Trailer: King Bach’s Gentrified Frat Comedy Gets Crazy And R-rated
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite…
- Channing Tatum Pulls ‘Forgive Me’ Film Project From The Weinstein Co.