Former American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis originated the lead role of Drew Boley in Rock of Ages‘ off-Broadway and Broadway musical incarnations. He’s not playing that role in the movie version that Adam Shankman is directing for New Line (Diego Boneta got the screen role), but that doesn’t mean Maroulis has been left out completely. He just filmed the small role as a prototypical ’80s record executive. Here’s a shot of him with Shankman and one of the film’s producers, Matt Weaver. The film stars Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Bryan Cranston, Alec Baldwin, Mary J. Blige, Russell Brand and Julianne Hough.
'Rock Of Ages' Stage Star Constantine Maroulis Joins The Movie Version
What's Hot on Deadline
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M+ Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi’
- George & Amal Clooney Donate $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus
- Galway Film Festival Hires William Fitzgerald As Programmer
- Joaquin Phoenix Discovers Another Side To Film Festivals At Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster