EXCLUSIVE: Actor Rob Riggle has inked a development deal with HBO. Under the pact, Riggle has come on board to help develop and star in Lifestyle Lemonaid, a comedy project based on LifestyleLemonaid.com, Nikki Joel’s tell-all blog about her marriage to top WME talent agent Brandt Joel. HBO bought the project, which is being written by Jordon Nardino (Desperate Housewives), last summer. HBO fixtures Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson are executive producing. On her blog, Nikki Joel regularly shares her husband’s most intimate details. The time he wanted to have a vasectomy … the time she caught him masturbating in the middle of the night during an earthquake … the time he erased all her TiVo-ed shows because he was pissed she’d gone out three nights in a row without him … Riggle will play the husband (who is not expected to be an agent) on the show, which is slated to do a table read. Under Riggle’s deal, if Lifestyle Lemonaid does not go to series, HBO will develop other projects for him. Lifestyle Lemonade extends former Daily Show correspondent’s relationship with Wahlberg and Levinson. This past development season, Riggle starred in Wahlberg and Levinson’s first broadcast pilot, CBS’ comedy Home Game. That casting in turn stemmed from Riggle and Wahlberg’s work together in the feature comedy The Other Guys. Riggle, repped by CAA and Principato Young, recently wrapped 21 Jump Street and also has Everybody Loves Whales in the can.
Rob Riggle Signs Development Deal With HBO, Set To Star In 'Lifestyle Lemonaid'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'True Detective' Co-Stars Taylor Kitsch, Rachel MacAdams, Kelly Reilly Confirmed By HBO For Season 2
- Michael Stahl-David To Topline Drug-Trade Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- David Dobkin To Direct 'Badlands' AMC Series; Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger Cast
- BOOM! Studios Sells Dramas 'Deep State' With Howard Gordon & 'The Rinse' To Fox
- Broadcast Straight-To-Series Model Dealt A New Blow With 'Members Only' Demise