EXCLUSIVE: Actor Rob Riggle has inked a development deal with HBO. Under the pact, Riggle has come on board to help develop and star in Lifestyle Lemonaid, a comedy project based on LifestyleLemonaid.com, Nikki Joel’s tell-all blog about her marriage to top WME talent agent Brandt Joel. HBO bought the project, which is being written by Jordon Nardino (Desperate Housewives), last summer. HBO fixtures Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson are executive producing. On her blog, Nikki Joel regularly shares her husband’s most intimate details. The time he wanted to have a vasectomy … the time she caught him masturbating in the middle of the night during an earthquake … the time he erased all her TiVo-ed shows because he was pissed she’d gone out three nights in a row without him … Riggle will play the husband (who is not expected to be an agent) on the show, which is slated to do a table read. Under Riggle’s deal, if Lifestyle Lemonaid does not go to series, HBO will develop other projects for him. Lifestyle Lemonade extends former Daily Show correspondent’s relationship with Wahlberg and Levinson. This past development season, Riggle starred in Wahlberg and Levinson’s first broadcast pilot, CBS’ comedy Home Game. That casting in turn stemmed from Riggle and Wahlberg’s work together in the feature comedy The Other Guys. Riggle, repped by CAA and Principato Young, recently wrapped 21 Jump Street and also has Everybody Loves Whales in the can.
Rob Riggle Signs Development Deal With HBO, Set To Star In 'Lifestyle Lemonaid'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Maria Celeste Arrarás Inks Multiyear Contract Extension With Telemundo
- ‘The Good Wife’ Spinoff: Paul Guilfoyle & Bernadette Peters Cast, Brooke Kennedy Set To Direct
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish
- WE tv Chases ‘Ghosts In The Hood’ With New Docuseries
- Character Actors To Be Honored This Weekend At 2nd Annual Carney Awards
- TV Land’s ‘Heathers’ TV Remake Finds Its Heathers