EXCLUSIVE: Reese Witherspoon has attached herself to star in Wish List, a Disney comedy about an overly imaginative little girl who makes ten wishes at a wishing well. They don’t come true because her coin never reached the bottom and eventually she loses her inner child and becomes a full grown and ambitious career woman. Some 25 years later, the coin is dislodged, falls to the bottom and she has to deal with the ramifications of 10 kid wishes coming true all at once. The script’s being written by Randi Mayem Singer. Wish List is being produced by Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, who most recently produced Secretariat for the studio. The comedy was initially developed as a vehicle for a male star, but now it’s being retooled for Witherspoon, who was last seen in Water for Elephants. She next stars in the McG-directed This Means War opposite Chris Pine and Tom Hardy for Fox. Witherspoon’s repped by CAA and Management 360, Singer by ICM.
Reese Witherspoon Joins Disney's 'Wish List'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest Film News
- Hulu Acquires ‘Food Evolution,’ Acclaimed, Highly Controversial Doc
- Judi Dench Named Recipient Of Santa Barbara Film Festival’s Kirk Douglas Award Of Excellence
- ‘Anna And The Apocalypse’ Trailer: Zombie Christmas Musical Dawns At Fantastic Fest
- Jake LaMotta Dies: ‘Raging Bull’ Boxer Was 95
- ‘Wonderstruck’ Trailer Strikes After Running Festival Gauntlet
- eOne Extends Film Distribution To Germany; Benjamina Mirnik-Voges Will Run Local Shop