EXCLUSIVE: Reese Witherspoon has attached herself to star in Wish List, a Disney comedy about an overly imaginative little girl who makes ten wishes at a wishing well. They don’t come true because her coin never reached the bottom and eventually she loses her inner child and becomes a full grown and ambitious career woman. Some 25 years later, the coin is dislodged, falls to the bottom and she has to deal with the ramifications of 10 kid wishes coming true all at once. The script’s being written by Randi Mayem Singer. Wish List is being produced by Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, who most recently produced Secretariat for the studio. The comedy was initially developed as a vehicle for a male star, but now it’s being retooled for Witherspoon, who was last seen in Water for Elephants. She next stars in the McG-directed This Means War opposite Chris Pine and Tom Hardy for Fox. Witherspoon’s repped by CAA and Management 360, Singer by ICM.
Reese Witherspoon Joins Disney's 'Wish List'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Palestine Enters Hany Abu-Assad’s ‘The Idol’ In Foreign Language Race
- Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’ To Shine On Rome Film Fest’s Opening Night
- ‘Before The Flood’ Trailer: Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentary On Climate Change
- ‘Milton’s Secret’ Sneak Peek: First Film Based On An Eckhart Tolle Book Challenges The Young Mind
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards