EXCLUSIVE: Reese Witherspoon has attached herself to star in Wish List, a Disney comedy about an overly imaginative little girl who makes ten wishes at a wishing well. They don’t come true because her coin never reached the bottom and eventually she loses her inner child and becomes a full grown and ambitious career woman. Some 25 years later, the coin is dislodged, falls to the bottom and she has to deal with the ramifications of 10 kid wishes coming true all at once. The script’s being written by Randi Mayem Singer. Wish List is being produced by Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, who most recently produced Secretariat for the studio. The comedy was initially developed as a vehicle for a male star, but now it’s being retooled for Witherspoon, who was last seen in Water for Elephants. She next stars in the McG-directed This Means War opposite Chris Pine and Tom Hardy for Fox. Witherspoon’s repped by CAA and Management 360, Singer by ICM.
Reese Witherspoon Joins Disney's 'Wish List'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Oscar Nominees Luncheon: Contenders Told To Submit List Of “Thank Yous” In Advance As Event Draws Huge Crowd
- Robert Schwentke Exits ‘Divergent’ Finale ‘Ascendant’
- ‘Collateral Beauty’ Gets Holiday Release As Warners Delays ‘Chicken Soup For The Soul’
- Fugees’ Co-Founder Pras Michel Options Film Rights To Haitian Nazi Prisoner Tale
- ‘Bethlehem’ Director Yuval Adler To Helm Eco-Thriller ‘The Last Of The Tribe’
- ‘Hardcore Henry’ Teaser: Toronto Pic Hitting SXSW, Full Trailer & Twitch Live Event Coming Wednesday