EXCLUSIVE: Reese Witherspoon has attached herself to star in Wish List, a Disney comedy about an overly imaginative little girl who makes ten wishes at a wishing well. They don’t come true because her coin never reached the bottom and eventually she loses her inner child and becomes a full grown and ambitious career woman. Some 25 years later, the coin is dislodged, falls to the bottom and she has to deal with the ramifications of 10 kid wishes coming true all at once. The script’s being written by Randi Mayem Singer. Wish List is being produced by Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, who most recently produced Secretariat for the studio. The comedy was initially developed as a vehicle for a male star, but now it’s being retooled for Witherspoon, who was last seen in Water for Elephants. She next stars in the McG-directed This Means War opposite Chris Pine and Tom Hardy for Fox. Witherspoon’s repped by CAA and Management 360, Singer by ICM.
Reese Witherspoon Joins Disney's 'Wish List'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Step’: Fox Searchlight Dates Its $4M+ Sundance Docu Pickup For Summer
- Paramount’s Brad Grey Sends His Exit Memo As Viacom Makes It Official
- Warner Bros & Innovative Artists Settle Lawsuit Over Piracy Of Oscar Screeners
- Kristen Stewart In Final Negotiations To Star In Fox Movie ‘Underwater’
- Ryan Reynolds-Jake Gyllenhall Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Life’ To Close SXSW
- Film Independent & IFC Renew Independent Spirit Awards Deal Through 2020