Fox’s sketch comedy series In the Flow With Affion Crockett, originally slated to premiere in midseason, had a quiet launch last night with two back-to-back episodes at 9 PM (1.3/3 among adults 18-49) and 9:30 PM (1.0/3), ranking below the repeats of The Simpsons (1.4/4) and Family Guy (1.7/5) that preceded them. ABC’s I.AM.FIRST: Science Is Rock ‘N Roll special was down 60% from what an America’s Funniest Home Videos rerun averaged in the 7 PM hour last week and probably dragged down the CMA Music Festival (1.6/5, 7 million viewers). The music special was down from last year’s telecast, which aired on Sept. 1 (Wednesday). However, total audience-wise, the festival was up by 1 million viewers. Because of a PGA Championship overrun (1.7/6), CBS’ lineup slid by more than an hour. 60 Minutes (2.0/6) kicked things off at 8:05 PM, followed by Big Brother (2.5/6), which was down 14% from last week, and Same Name (1.5/4), which gave up some of the gains it posted last week, down 6%. CBS (1.9/5, 7.3 million) still easily won the night in both 18-49 and total viewers. NBC again aired back-to-back episodes of The Marriage Ref, both averaging a 0.9/2. The first one was flat and the second down a tenth from last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Slow Start For Fox's Sketch Comedy 'In The Flow'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’