Fox’s MasterChef ended its season last night with a two-hour finale, averaging a 2.6/8 among 18-49. That was up 30% from last year’s two-hour finale on Sept. 15. The 8 PM episode drew a 2.4/8 and 5.9 million viewers, while the actual finale at 9 PM rose to 2.8/8 and 7.3 million viewers, up 40% from last year’s final episode in the demo and hitting series highs both in 18-49 and total viewers. Fox won the night in 18-49. NBC (2.2/6, 8.1 million) was No. 2 in 18-49 and tops in viewers, led by America’s Got Talent (2.7/8), which was down 7% from its fast national 18-49 result last week. (The reality series always picks up a tenth or two in the finals.) Its lead-in, reality show It’s Worth What? (1.0/3), was down 9%. With a Wipeout rerun as a lead-in this week vs. an original last Tuesday, ABC’s reality series Take the Money & Run (1.4/4) tumbled 22% to a series low. Drama Combat Hospital (0.9/3) was even with its fast national rating from last week. (Because the show slipped in the finals last Tuesday, Combat Hospital was technically up a tenth from last week.)
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'MasterChef' Finale Up, 'Take The Money' Drops
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…