Fox’s unscripted series Buried Treasure became the latest new broadcast show this summer to underperform, drawing a 1.0/3 among adults 18-49 in its premiere last night. It finished last in the 8 PM hour behind CBS’ Big Brother (2.8/9), NBC’s Minute To Win It (1.5/5) and ABC’s repeat of The Middle (1.2/4). Buried Treasure was also lower than the debut of NBC’s similarly themed It’s Worth What? (1.8/6) last month. Minute to Win It and America’s Got Talent (2.8/8) were both up from last week, by 15% and 12%, respectively. With a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (1.6/4) also improving the 10 PM slot by 14% vs. the finale of Love in the Wild last week, NBC (2.0/6, 7.3 million viewers) edged CBS (1.8/5, 6.3 million) for No. 1 on the night. Big Brother, which was followed by drama repeats, was down 10% from last Wednesday and tied NBC’s Talent for the top spot in 18-49. ABC aired comedy repeats with a new Happy Endings (1.4/4) sprinkled among them. It was up 27% from the rerun episode last week, though some of the boost may have come from its lead-in, a Modern Family repeat (1.9/5), which was up 12% week-to-week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox's Reality Series 'Buried Treasure' Off To Weak Start
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign