Fox’s unscripted series Buried Treasure became the latest new broadcast show this summer to underperform, drawing a 1.0/3 among adults 18-49 in its premiere last night. It finished last in the 8 PM hour behind CBS’ Big Brother (2.8/9), NBC’s Minute To Win It (1.5/5) and ABC’s repeat of The Middle (1.2/4). Buried Treasure was also lower than the debut of NBC’s similarly themed It’s Worth What? (1.8/6) last month. Minute to Win It and America’s Got Talent (2.8/8) were both up from last week, by 15% and 12%, respectively. With a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (1.6/4) also improving the 10 PM slot by 14% vs. the finale of Love in the Wild last week, NBC (2.0/6, 7.3 million viewers) edged CBS (1.8/5, 6.3 million) for No. 1 on the night. Big Brother, which was followed by drama repeats, was down 10% from last Wednesday and tied NBC’s Talent for the top spot in 18-49. ABC aired comedy repeats with a new Happy Endings (1.4/4) sprinkled among them. It was up 27% from the rerun episode last week, though some of the boost may have come from its lead-in, a Modern Family repeat (1.9/5), which was up 12% week-to-week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox's Reality Series 'Buried Treasure' Off To Weak Start
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President
- Bill O’Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: “This Was A Hit Job”…