Fox’s unscripted series Buried Treasure became the latest new broadcast show this summer to underperform, drawing a 1.0/3 among adults 18-49 in its premiere last night. It finished last in the 8 PM hour behind CBS’ Big Brother (2.8/9), NBC’s Minute To Win It (1.5/5) and ABC’s repeat of The Middle (1.2/4). Buried Treasure was also lower than the debut of NBC’s similarly themed It’s Worth What? (1.8/6) last month. Minute to Win It and America’s Got Talent (2.8/8) were both up from last week, by 15% and 12%, respectively. With a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (1.6/4) also improving the 10 PM slot by 14% vs. the finale of Love in the Wild last week, NBC (2.0/6, 7.3 million viewers) edged CBS (1.8/5, 6.3 million) for No. 1 on the night. Big Brother, which was followed by drama repeats, was down 10% from last Wednesday and tied NBC’s Talent for the top spot in 18-49. ABC aired comedy repeats with a new Happy Endings (1.4/4) sprinkled among them. It was up 27% from the rerun episode last week, though some of the boost may have come from its lead-in, a Modern Family repeat (1.9/5), which was up 12% week-to-week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox's Reality Series 'Buried Treasure' Off To Weak Start
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”