Fox’s unscripted series Buried Treasure became the latest new broadcast show this summer to underperform, drawing a 1.0/3 among adults 18-49 in its premiere last night. It finished last in the 8 PM hour behind CBS’ Big Brother (2.8/9), NBC’s Minute To Win It (1.5/5) and ABC’s repeat of The Middle (1.2/4). Buried Treasure was also lower than the debut of NBC’s similarly themed It’s Worth What? (1.8/6) last month. Minute to Win It and America’s Got Talent (2.8/8) were both up from last week, by 15% and 12%, respectively. With a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (1.6/4) also improving the 10 PM slot by 14% vs. the finale of Love in the Wild last week, NBC (2.0/6, 7.3 million viewers) edged CBS (1.8/5, 6.3 million) for No. 1 on the night. Big Brother, which was followed by drama repeats, was down 10% from last Wednesday and tied NBC’s Talent for the top spot in 18-49. ABC aired comedy repeats with a new Happy Endings (1.4/4) sprinkled among them. It was up 27% from the rerun episode last week, though some of the boost may have come from its lead-in, a Modern Family repeat (1.9/5), which was up 12% week-to-week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox's Reality Series 'Buried Treasure' Off To Weak Start
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation